Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I dunno mate but I've sent Mr T a message asking him to do so. Apologies if I've trampled on ya territory BT :)

Nah, all cool, aoc
This ain't my territory to trample on
Have also sent a message to Mr T asking likewise to merge threads
Cheers

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Jack is using one or two of the gazillion credits he has in the AchillesJones bank. He will be there when the whips are cracking. Did anyone else see the Dirtsy Thomas elbow that unsettled him? Low act.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jack isn't back to proper fitness and touch. And he always struggles against Jones, Jones is a perfect match up for him. 2 more matches should get him cherry ripe for finals.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can't blame Jack for being absolutely furious with those horrendous 'studs in the back' decisions today. Seriously are those *smile* AFL execs trying to destroy the game as we know it?
Aside from that Jack was brilliant today in his usual unselfish, team oriented way. Building beautifully as we head into the business end. Great stuff.

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Great for Jack to kick the winner today ! He is battling a little but the weather hasn’t been kind to tall forwards for the last 5 or 6 of our games !

Look out in September with marking conditions a bit better

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
His interview on Fox was very insightful. He was very excited - and actually (for the first time in a ling time) didn't trot out the usual rubbish! well done Jack!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The maggots crucified him.
The boot wasn't higher then the opponents hips.

The rule is "if the boot is in a dangerous position".

He gets held off the ball. No other forward gets treated like jack does.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The rule was introduced to stop Tony Green-like situations where the foot is used for a don’t argue to an opponent running towards the player.

Imbeciles.

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
JR8 is the smartest footballer I have seen in fifty+ years of following the game. I hope his body holds out for a few more seasons. His development over his career is testament to him being a true student of the game. Loves the Tiges as much as Richo... and that's saying plenty. You can't fake the excitement he displayed in tonight's post match interview.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The rule was introduced to stop Tony Green-like situations where the foot is used for a don’t argue to an opponent running towards the player.

Imbeciles.

More the karate style kick that is front on to your opponent.
Not from behind and the boot making contact to the backside of the opposition.

Jermery howe knees a bloke in the head each week. And is that ok??

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Jermery howe knees a bloke in the head each week. And is that ok??

Howe got pinged taking a mark earlier this year. There was a bit of an uproar but the AFL ticked it off.

836dddbdb72063d3a2ed53d6347ec78e

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl...-greene-collingwood/lbu61w4iwjp51h25xa8b8ri01

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
I have to agree with Achilles up there - Jack is at least ONE of the smartest footballers I've seen, over a time longer than I care to publicise, following the game. Certainly in his position, and I've been a huge fan of his since his earliest days.

When he went down earlier in the season, I considered it to be as big a loss as Rance was. Not just for the loss itself, but in terms of getting things to mesh with Lynch, who has gone from strength to strength since Jack's return - you can see it and I think there's even better to come.

Today's game was the best from Jack since his return I think. AND he was robbed twice, by that absurd umpiring. Again, I think there's even better to come - both with Lynch AND just Jack on his own.

What a player he has been for us over time. He was critical in 2017, and was the one player who stood tall in that Prelim fiasco last year.

I'd have him over Nick any day, and that's saying a bit obviously.

Reactions: 2 users