Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Missed 3 he should have kicked. 2.1 or 3.0 and he’s one of our better players. Plus that sublime tap to dusty

It’s a fine line.

He did fumble a lot - that first one early in the game seem to set the scene and not sure why he kept trying to tap the ball on every time - sign he was worried he didn’t have space or time.

Wasn't great last night but that tap over his head straight to Dusty really continued our spark. That was pure Jack, unselfish and smart. I turned to my daughter whilst we were celebrating the goal and said "that's why Jacks the smartest player in the AFL".

He can have poor games, but I reckon that tap was a massive lifter for the team. Brought us back to a single figure deficit when he was going up 1 on 3.

Reactions: 1 user
If he’s ever played a worse game I can’t remember it. He looked all at sea and very slow.

But I’ll back him to bounce back next week. He’s too good a player to play 2 in a row like that.

Reactions: 3 users
He doesn’t play two bad games in a row.
Expecting a big one next week.

He’s had a few games like that over the years , he is a proud player , my money is on him to respond

Not his best game but that tap on for the Dusty goal was as good as you'll ever see. He had 3 opponents around him, lose that contest and Geelong were out. Speaking of tap ons, how good are we at that? A Geelong player tried it in the last quarter and completed stuffed it up.

When he gets that weird nervy face you just know his kicking is off. Never has 2 games like that in a row.

Missed a lot of footy this year. At his age that’s problematic.

Will be better next week.

Gotta admit, I’m a tad concerned about how oppo can now play mobile types on him and find space to rebound if our fleas haven’t arrived to help.

Backing him to bounce back.
OMG I hope so. That was worst game I reckon Ive ever seen him play. You had to be at the game to see how truly terrible it was. He was slow, tentative, unreactive. Totally devoid of confidence. Even when he had open opportunities he continually tried to knock the ball on .

Man I hope it turns out he had the flu or something.

Needs to lift massively or Howe will give him an absolute bath.

OMG I hope so. That was worst game I reckon Ive ever seen him play. You had to be at the game to see how truly terrible it was. He was slow, tentative, unreactive. Totally devoid of confidence. Even when he had open opportunities he continually tried to knock the ball on .

Man I hope it turns out he had the flu or something.

Needs to lift massively or Howe will give him an absolute bath.

Maybe it was one of those Freaky Friday things were Castagna and Jack changed bodies for the night

Reactions: 1 users
Just had a bad night he was dominant against the skunks last year when they slapped us and hS been very good in a few games mie west coast and gws games

Might've had a bad few days at home with baby or been under the weather a little we don't know but he will bounce back.

Don't worry everybody, Jack had an ordinary Prelim 2 years ago and we know what happened the following week. He was close to our best last year and how did that pan out? May Jack play *smile* Prelim's for years to come!!

Dominated Round 23 against a top team. Maybe managing that PCL?

Several years left, jumping the gun a bit above.

I think the reason why I do worry about Jack's longevity in the game, is because his game, and his ability to be an effective forward is mostly based around his athleticism. As a key forward, the majority of his contested marking has been through his athletic abilities in the air, as compared to out-muscling his direct opponents. That's never been his strength. Jack isn't a monster key forward type who you can just plonk in the goal square and expect him to over-power his opponents. It is this reason I think guys like Hawkins will likely still be effective well into his 30s, as he is that type of player. Hawkins doesn't rely on his athletic ability in the air in order to be effective. With age, his strength won't decline, but Jack's ability keep being effective in the air will.

Yes he is a smart footballer who will still have a role to play next year and possibly beyond, but you can only go so far playing that 'decoy' role for Lynch, if opposing teams no longer see you as any threat as an effective forward yourself.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but from what I've seen this year, it hasn't looked great for Jack. He has routinely been outmarked, and out-muscled by guys who wouldn't be fit to hold his water bottle in his prime a few years back.