Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He and Lynch kicked all our first quarter goals but were gradually subdued. Think McKenzie had him for the second half. Would've eaten him alive a couple of years ago.

Is at least hitting the scoreboard again, just wish he could be more clinical when the opportunities come.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hardwick needs a plan B regarding Jack.
He is coaching much better this year, but it needs to come when jack is ‘Rested’.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
What’s happened to his marking and ball handling? Never seen him drop so many he gets 2 hands on nor fumble as much as this year. Maybe eyesight going?

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
sounds Ridiculous however I think the goals the last 2 weeks have masked his form, looks well of the champ, should be slaughtering the opponents his had one on one.

really like to see him an Lynch play further apart

Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
You know things are changing when you feel more optimistic to see the ball towards marbs direction than you do jack

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Feels like we just need to get him through 6 more H&A games , a couple of finals and ......

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I know I’m on my own here , however with Chol doing ok up forward , I think Jack can play a bit more through the middle , smart smart footballer, yes he lacks a yard compared to most mids, just think he could have a positive impact through there at times and give the forward half a different look at times

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I know I’m on my own here , however with Chol doing ok up forward , I think Jack can play a bit more through the middle , smart smart footballer, yes he lacks a yard compared to most mids, just think he could have a positive impact through there at times and give the forward half a different look at times
I agree Mr B. He’s got the tools to do that, and it could throw opposition plans into disarray.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Maybe a year back.... he no longer has the explosive or fast twitch to get any time or space in a true mid environment

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Nah I reckon he’s he’s too slow mate; as slow as wet Melbourne coronavirus lockdown week. Plus he’s not handling the ball well enough to play in the midfield. He either finds his form in the forward line or he’s out of the side. That won’t happen though; Dimma will back him for the rest of the season; hopefully he comes good.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Like I said I’m pretty much on my own here ;)

Yeah - sorry Mr B but I don’t like it either coz it’s almost an admission that Jack is not worth his spot up forward
But because it’s Jack - we’ll make a huge change to the way we normally set up just to accommodate him personally.
Seems contrary to our team ethic

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yeah - sorry Mr B but I don’t like it either coz it’s almost an admission that Jack is not worth his spot up forward
But because it’s Jack - we’ll make a huge change to the way we normally set up just to accommodate him personally.
Seems contrary to our team ethic
I don’t look at it that way Tenacious , I still think Jacks smarts have a lot to offer and could be used more up the ground , with Lynch been the main target forward , I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Caddy and Jack rotate between forward an middle .....don’t panic I think Dimma an co are on the same page as the rest of you :p

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Jack is cooked plain and simple. Once Covid hit he switched off training and it shows.

They will keep playing him in the hope he finds form.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jack is cooked plain and simple. Once Covid hit he switched off training and it shows.

They will keep playing him in the hope he finds form.

Which is why its foolish to prematurely;y write him off.

He'll be back when it means something.

Jack aint the only senior to switch off for covid.

Edwards never looked anything like himself on the return neither did Bachar..

Lambert was terrible and George and Rioli also have not returned.

Stack Graham and Marlion also well off the pace.

We started pre season after evryone else and had just got up and running enough to slap the Blues round 1 no one was questioning our veterans after the Carlton win.

Once you're mentally checked out of anything its hard to just switch back on.

I think a few players got comfy with home life and didnt expect the season to restart. Jack said so himself lest not in those exact words, but he made a reference to being almost checked out, when in reality he probably already was at home full time with family.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Which is why its foolish to prematurely;y write him off.

He'll be back when it means something.

Jack ain't the only senior to switch off for covid.

Edwards never looked anything like himself on the return neither did Bachar..

Lambert was terrible and George and Rioli also have not returned.

Stack Graham and Marlion also well off the pace.

We started pre season after everyone else and had just got up and running enough to slap the Blues round 1 no one was questioning our veterans after the Carlton win.

Once you're mentally checked out of anything its hard to just switch back on.

I think a few players got comfy with home life and didn't expect the season to restart. Jack said so himself lest not in those exact words, but he made a reference to being almost checked out, when in reality he probably already was at home full time with family.

It certainly has taken a while for plenty of our players to get back to anything like their 2019 form. There are improvements you can see but it certainly raises questions about those returning from injury in such a weird year.

I just hope they can get their form together over the next month.

DS

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
i think its a the end for the tiger legend, thanks JR8....i loved your 3x10 bags and a hangers....2 time flag winner....go off into the sunset please years end..

prefer to develop CCJ and Cool now.