Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Should Jack get another year?
IMHO he’s playing well enough and deserves to go around again in 2023
He is the first one of the phasing out blokes to get another year. He's playing well enough, he plays a position we have no back up (hello list management issue) and I think he has the most enthusiasm. Probs should have been captain this year and next but missed that opportunity

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He is the first one of the phasing out blokes to get another year. He's playing well enough, he plays a position we have no back up (hello list management issue) and I think he has the most enthusiasm. Probs should have been captain this year and next but missed that opportunity
I actually agree that Jack would've been a good Skipper if given the opportunity.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Up to him.
We’ll need him next season.
Depends if he wants to play on

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Up to him.
We’ll need him next season.
Depends if he wants to play on
I reckon it's like when you see a bird and no you like her but don't want to tell her unless she doesn't like you.

Just need to go all in and see if she / Jack is keen coz she / Jack is worth it

Reactions: 1 user

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Needs to bring more leadership at training to teach some players how to get rid of the goal kicking yips. Our team ethics are *smile* poor nowadays!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Never had much pace to lose, still got enough leap to contest for marks. Decent shot at goal n more footy smarts than anyone on our list. Jaaack gets another year if he still wants it.
Definitely needs another key forward ( Lynchy ) alongside though. As soon as the big fella went off with the hammy Mould Coast simply floated a spare in front of Jaaack all game long n he had two or three to contend with for every ball, hence a couple of the over exuberant leaps.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm conflicted on whether Jack goes around again next year. It will be hard to develop a Bauer, Balta or Gibcus with Jack and Tom playing deep in the forward line.
Jack's development benefited from Richo going to the wing. Would playing Jack as a higher forward be a good option?
With his instinct and instruction, it would be invaluable if Jack plays next season.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Feels weird this thread, start of the year I was defending him against the mob who said he was done and should have retired end 21. Now I'm hosing down the mobs demands he plays on in 23!

Either way, I love Jack, and what happens happens. I think he's doing well in his role as cunning old foil this year, but next will be one too many, ah la Roughead. I've always said its very rare, but best, if a player retires with a little bit left in the tank. But what do I know?

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'm conflicted on whether Jack goes around again next year. It will hard to develop a Bauer, Balta or Gibcus with Jack and Tom playing deep in the forward line.
Jack's development benefited from Richo going to the wing. Would playing Jack as a higher forward be a good option?
With his instinct and instruction, it would be invaluable if Jack plays next season.
i reckon there is little chance Jack and Tom play close to 44 games between them year, so there would still be plenty of opportunities for our next 1 or 2 in line.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Not sure Jack's leadership is strong enough at the moment and on that there would be no reason for him to go on next year. I'd rather Cotch go around again next year with managed gametime.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
300 absolute tops with clear notice he ain’t first picked each week… make way to blood kids, but to teach them
Agree - he's got to accept something like that if he wants to play on.
While 300k might seem a modest or even salary by his career average - it's still more than handy.
And he could be seen as contributing to the Club's future.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
FWIW , is actually moving , marking and playing better than last year ,,,kicking is sublime , watch this man snap a goal , textbook