Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
He'll play a lot of reserves. He will stiffen up their culture in the ressies which will help them long term in the 1s. As pretty much a freebie, a good choice. Same reason I would have liked to keep him at RFC. Still we have a good culture so maybe we don't have the same need.

Isn't it sad. In 2017 he and Graham were our sentimental favourites. In 2019 it was Graham again and this time Pickett. We had moved on from our wonderful Towner experience to the amazing debut.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was thinking Towner would have been ideal to take over the ressies captaincy from Stevie M. Reckon he would have had plenty of the right attributes. Guess he still believes n wants to play senior footy so good luck to him if he gets a crack at Esserdrugs, just needs to remember where he won his two flags at n mind his manners when he plays us.

Reactions: 1 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Can’t blame for having another crack on a senior list. Was an important part of the 2017 flag. Good luck to him

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Towner in Bummer Downer. but good luck to him glad he got a gig
Agree. I get the feeling the Bummers are trying to get our staff over there. Hope Luigi the boot strapper stays, if he goes, it would be a big, big loss of key personal

• Sad

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
they will have to offer him more then they are currently offering him ........................if the offer stays the same .he will stay at Richmond and play in the 2 nds .......like Morris

he loves the club

no doubt the Richmond coaches there rate Jacob ..................and don't rate the bombers hardness and team-first approach............

if they up the offer . Jacob will play abit in the seniors next year

Reactions: 4 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Gone to re bombers
They up their offer
Will play in the seniors next year

Thanks for everything
A true tigerman
Will be missed

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Gone to re bombers
They up their offer

Thanks for everything
A true tigerman
Will be missed

the numbers of ex- tigers elsewhere is growing

Towner - Essendon
Butler - saints
B Ellis - suns
C Ellis - suns
Miles - suns
Stengle - Adelaide
Lloyd - western bulldogs
Conca - Freo

Last edited:

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Best wishes to the miracle man.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Gone to re bombers
They up their offer

Thanks for everything
A true tigerman
Will be missed

Agree. I'm not happy that he's at Essendon because he's a true Tiger. But unfortunately he'd run his race at Richmond and no one can blame him for wanting to continue his career at the top level so he's got to take the opportunity.

I hope he does well but I hope they do *smile*.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Agree. I'm not happy that he's at Essendon because he's a true Tiger. But unfortunately he'd run his race at Richmond and no one can blame him for wanting to continue his career at the top level so he's got to take the opportunity.

I hope he does well but I hope they do ****.

Yep - be great to see him win both the B&F and wooden spoon

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Just stay away from the clinic arcoss the road.
If they ask to pull your pants down, don’t do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Am I missing something on Towna?

He keeps being referred to as this midfield bull, but at AFL level was terrible at this role and was dropped back to the VFL pretty quickly every time he was tried in this role.

His best footy was as a defensive forward who managed to find a bit of space but that was only for 5 games.

I love Towna as much as the next Tiger fan, but lets be realistic about what he brings to the table.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Am I missing something on Towna?

He keeps being referred to as this midfield bull, but at AFL level was terrible at this role and was dropped back to the VFL pretty quickly every time he was tried in this role.

His best footy was as a defensive forward who managed to find a bit of space but that was only for 5 games.

I love Towna as much as the next Tiger fan, but lets be realistic about what he brings to the table.

Im with you,
The hearld sun "Towner to become Jobe clone"
Not sure jobe ever played as a stopper in the forward line.
The hearld sun has is producing some gabbage news stories these days.
Bring back Scotty Palmer.