Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So they didn’t want him 12 months ago but want him now? His stint at Essendon must’ve impressed the Suns more than his stint with us.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Now they have 2 Tiger Premiership Players and Oleg.

They can cough up another gun to the RFC next year now.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
If true im happy for Towno

Kid deserves to have a 10 year career
Just wish he came back to our VFL side but if you had a chance to continue your AFL career , why not! The difference in $ would be significant.
Building a nice Tiger support class. That’s 5 the past three years now.

As much as I’m sad he didn’t return I wish him all the best if he gets a lifeline with the Suns.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Good luck to Towner, it's great that there's still a need for a heart and soul player, he deserves more time in the "Sun".

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Good luck to him, but i wonder if picking up a player who has been delisted 3 times by other clubs, averaging under 7 games/year across his 9 years on lists, was what the AFL had in mind when they gave the Suns the extra spots on their list?

That makes 5 ex Tigers the Suns have picked up in recent yeats, Miles, CEllis, BEllis, Markov and now Townsend.
We only have Prestia, Caddy and Lynch. looks like they owe us a couple.
Maybe just B. King and we call it square?

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Good luck to him, but i wonder if picking up a player who has been delisted 3 times by other clubs, averaging under 7 games/year across his 9 years on lists, was what the AFL had in mind when they gave the Suns the extra spots on their list?

That makes 5 ex Tigers the Suns have picked up in recent yeats, Miles, CEllis, BEllis, Markov and now Townsend.
Nah they can give us Rowell and we will call it evens.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Number wise they are in front. Quality wise we are well in front

123cups

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
Looks like the sycophant Suns are trying to establish as many connections to the AFL’s most successful club as possible.

Good strategy for them, and good for us if they keep favouring us during this development farm phase they’re trying to grow out of.

We seemed to have a good relationship with Hawthorn when they were on top.
It’s certainly a better approach than Essendon’s “screw everybody“ approach.

Reactions: 2 users