Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

What a great 2 page spread on Jake.
Some AFL footballers get to where they are on sheer natural ability.
Not Jake though. He has worked his backside off and worked so hard to get to the Tigers AFl side.
Not too any have gone through what he has, to become an AFl footballer.
An inspirational article and recommend it as must read.

Reactions: 2 users
What a great 2 page spread on Jake.
Some AFL footballers get to where they are on sheer natural ability.
Not Jake though. He has worked his backside off and worked so hard to get to the Tigers AFl side.
Not too any have gone through what he has, to become an AFl footballer.
An inspirational article and recommend it as must read.
It certainly is a great read.
As Dusty has said a few times, I'm proud of the RFC club for giving the likes of Aarts, Lambert, Broad, Baker and Pickett a chance after the disappointments they had in not getting drafted on numerous occasions. It makes them grateful, and hungry for success, a couple of good traits to have in players.

Reactions: 2 users
Seemed to be spotted by the cameras doing a lot of talking after goals tonight, with interesting body language from his team mates.

I've been looking for a chance to drop him all year and I'm just about there now. I'd be interested in a breakdown of his career vs opponents.

If you're dropping him, what are you doing with Rioli and Castagna?

I don't pass judgement on Castagna because I don't feel like any of us understand what his role is.

As for Rioli, I feel like he has shown he has the game to play against the best and I think having MRJ in there will give him a lift.

I don't think Aarts is capable of playing against the best.

I think Aarts' role is the same as George's. And he's performed it better this season.

Rioli's been terrible, and is experienced enough that he shouldn't need his younger cousin in the side to hold his hand.

Reactions: 1 user
Had a shocker but he’s had a good season. He stays in for the next few games but whether he’s best 22 at the pointy end is up in the air.

I don't pass judgement on Castagna because I don't feel like any of us understand what his role is.

As for Rioli, I feel like he has shown he has the game to play against the best and I think having MRJ in there will give him a lift.

Aarts to me is a hard working flanker who will always give his best but he lacks the pace and the tricks that really good small forwards have these days.
I don’t know what Castagna s role is, I accept that, but it sure as hell isn’t making basic skill errors and he has made far too many of them this year.
Yes Rioli has played well in big games but to me he has gone backwards. Hasn’t had a really good game for a couple of years now:

We are poles apart there then because I don't think they play anything like the same role.

Aarts is playing as a crumbing forward, Castagna is playing as a mid forward who is also providing cover and connection for the wings.

Check their heat maps tonight, similar touches but very different roles.

Crumbing forward sells Aarts short. Been our best tackling and pressure forward too.

And Rioli? Or do we just need to keep clinging on to that last name in the hope he brings something like he showed in 2017?

Maybe Grorge can bring a friend to boost his performance?
Dan needs a companion pony like a champion racehorse?. Come on BR.

Crumbing forward sells Aarts short. Been our best tackling and pressure forward too.

And Rioli? Or do we just need to keep clinging on to that last name in the hope he brings something like he showed in 2017?
Rioli was better than Aarts tonight. Comfortably.

Rioli and George 12 pressure acts each, Aarts 7. Last week Aarts 12, George 18.

Reactions: 1 users
Jakes a handy depth player,

but theres too big a gap between best and worst.

To my eye, hes streets ahead in caught with ball numbers. elite.

Its quite extraordinary we lost by a kick, after flying around the world, all our players rooted, and all 3 small forwards playing *smile*.

it suggest WC are not very good at all to me.

Rioli was better than Aarts tonight. Comfortably.

Rioli and George 12 pressure acts each, Aarts 7. Last week Aarts 12, George 18.
Geez Spook, hanging your hat on “pressure acts”.
Arts had 5 tackles, Rioli had 1, Castagna zero tackles. Dunno what Castagna’s pressure acts consisted of..chases maybe?

Arts had 5 tackles, Rioli had 1, Castagna zero tackles. Dunno what Castagna’s pressure acts consisted of..chases maybe?
Yep. 0.5%ers.

I was responding to a claim Aarts was the best "pressure" forward.