Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Unfortunately after a promising start to his career levelled off and is now in free fall. Can't se him turning it around in the firsts. Only hope is long stint back in twos but some of his shortcomings like speed are permanent.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Like a lot of players, he's struggling with a midfield that are getting their arses kicked.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Cannot stand the fend off and the inability to kick on his opposite foot.

That bit of play when he crashed in, won a 50/50, started running down the wing, handballed it to the back of Cotchin or Naish's (?) head and then the ball went straight back the other end for a goal has been his last month or so in a nutshell.

Plenty of endeavour, but skills and game IQ not at the level.

Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
That bit of play when he crashed in, won a 50/50, started running down the wing, handballed it to the back of Cotchin or Naish's (?) head and then the ball went straight back the other end for a goal has been his last month or so in a nutshell.

Plenty of endeavour, but skills and game IQ not at the level.
This

kevbokev

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2009
I respect the guy for getting as far as he has, does the odd 'good thing' but overall, and unfortunately , he is a liability.

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013
Quite simply doesn't know his limitations, tries to do too much and stuff he's not capable of.

Reactions: 1 user

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
I respect the guy for getting as far as he has, does the odd 'good thing' but overall, and unfortunately , he is a liability.
He just isn't good enough. Tries but so did Townsend and i know who i would much rather if we're picking guys on effort alone.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
He just isn't good enough. Tries but so did Townsend and i know who i would much rather if we're picking guys on effort alone.
Looks slower and slower every time I see him. Perhaps Cumberland should be tried in the role for a few weeks if he is up to it. Higher upside possibly

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
If we want to go further him and George need replacing his types you can get from state leagues.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Looks slower and slower every time I see him. Perhaps Cumberland should be tried in the role for a few weeks if he is up to it. Higher upside possibly

Agree. If Cumberland is fit enough to run out a game then he should be playing on Friday.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
is there a chance someone anyone can come into the side replacing Aarts?
he was terrible again tonight in one instance ball was kicked to him at HB Wing had about 30m on his opponent and somehow lost contest

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I lost it when he fumbled on the wing when he was all alone. Cost us a goal and gave them a sniff in the last quarter.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I lost it when he fumbled on the wing when he was all alone. Cost us a goal and gave them a sniff in the last quarter.

Was a perfect kick from Rioli too.

I've defended Jake a bit, but he's overdue for a spell. Only thing that may save him is Castagna is even more overdue.

Reactions: 4 users