Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He’s depth so will go when our stars return - but he is showing a lot and just shows the depth we have.

reckon he has earned another 1 year contract that for sure
Dunno about that. He's keeping rioli out of the side and if anything on current form higgins goes out before aarts if rioli forces his way in. There's no one else to come back in for the role he's playing.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is a clever player, reads the play well and gets to the right spots.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dunno about that. He's keeping rioli out of the side and if anything on current form higgins goes out before aarts if rioli forces his way in.

There's no one else to come back in for the role he's playing.

I agree.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I thought he was just a goer gives all , but his got a good footy brain and few tricks and love how he stays involved.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Dunno about that. He's keeping rioli out of the side and if anything on current form higgins goes out before aarts if rioli forces his way in. There's no one else to come back in for the role he's playing.

I agree , Looks better the more he plays,

As players come back in , Jack Ross and Higgins go before him imo

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Is doing his job and is being asked a lot with the failure of George and Daniel to impose themselves of recent.

Has a dip and is hard at it for the team, and fairly reliable in front of the sticks after his early nervous yips leading up to his first.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
plays small forward like an old fashion resting rover.

gets front and centre to the fall of the ball at the perfect time.

hes tough and crafty.

he could well end up a premiership player.

wouldnt he be a hero if he got 4 weeks in a prelim?

who'd have thunk? not me

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
could not ask for anything more from Aarts , time will tell if he has the tools to stay in the best 22, however atm he is clearly our vest small forward

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Aarts seems to have the innate ability to know where a crumb is going to appear and pounces on it and generally uses it wisely. The opposition haven't worked him out yet so right now he can rack up the goals with a minimum of attention from others at their peril

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
could not ask for anything more from Aarts , time will tell if he has the tools to stay in the best 22, however atm he is clearly our vest small forward
I reckon he's set now, Brighter.
This bloke has battled his guts out for years in the VFL and has now finally got a chance. He's grabbed it with both hands and I can't see him slacking off at all.
Would be another feel good story if Aarts gets a premiership medal.