Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Unbelievably good.
Pure fighter. Never gives up.
He reminds me of Lambert in his 1st year

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I thought he along with Castagna and Rioli played the best game our smalls have played in a while.

Displayed some real coolness under pressure to evade tackles and hit targets.

Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon Emma Murray has got in Performing's head

I reckon she's hypnotised him so hes actually Michael Mitchell,

visualising being Jake Aarts.

she's good.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Gotta say I thought he was lucky to hold his place as he's been well down the past couple of games. But he was fantastic tonight; a great game. He has this nice little sidestep/shimmy that he uses to great advantage.

Well done Jake :clap2

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Gotta say I thought he was lucky to hold his place as he's been well down the past couple of games. But he was fantastic tonight; a great game. He has this nice little sidestep/shimmy that he uses to great advantage.

Well done Jake :clap2

how about when he mixed up his personas and thought he was Trevor Barker on Val Perovic,

but he was Michael Mitchell, visualising Jake Aarts, at fulllback, on NicNat.

I actually splurged rum over the couch

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
how about when he mixed up his personas and thought he was Trevor Barker on Val Perovic,

Yeah there were a couple of times out there tonight I thought he had a trampoline on the ground with him!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah there were a couple of times out there tonight I thought he had a trampoline on the ground with him!

he has a similar thing going with tom lynch

that Danny used to have with Jack

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

It was the spoil of the year. Spud would have loved it. NicNat had the sit and Jake sat on his head.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
His decision-making was super quick tonight. ..... maybe he realised that he belongs in the side and though playing your role is what we do at Richmond. .... his role is to play to his strengths. Loved it!

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Came in, played a couple of good games, then a couple of quiet games.

But tonight he just seemed to be able to get himself involved in contests. That spoil was simply amazing.

Hope it gives him some confidence. He can play at this level. Not many games so probably still getting used to the speed and hardness of AFL level, but if he can gain that awareness of the level of the game, he seems to have good instincts and should back himself and be a very handy player.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Aarts never stops and seems to arrive at the right spot at the right time. Not scared to put his body on the line when needed so well worth his place

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Hes a metricon great

Should be a bronze of him at gate 2

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Aarts never stops and seems to arrive at the right spot at the right time. Not scared to put his body on the line when needed so well worth his place
A perfect summation. His work rate when he got his goal last night was fantastic, he ran his opponent around, and was then Johnny on the spot, he'd be a bugger to play on.