Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Our forward line is not functioning well at the moment. Coaches need to work on Aarts positioning so that his man can not get so many intercept marks.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Our forward line is not functioning well at the moment. Coaches need to work on Aarts positioning so that his man can not get so many intercept marks.

I blame our players also kicking to him.

I mean they had what a record 17 ? intercept marks.

Got to fix that problem of ours. Real quick as it’s been a massive problem this year.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
he was front and square on many of those occasions - where he should be. there was a disconnect bw our mids and key forwards which led to many of those intercepts.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Match ups weren't good for Aarts last night, the Suns were very tall in defence last night, Ballard 195 cm's, Collins 194, Graham 195, Lukosius 195, and I think Corbett 190 may have been down there as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
Thought he played his role pretty well. He is currently our most in-form small forward offensively and defensively. Mabs was well flat last night so it was easier for the GC defence to use their superior height. Not helped of course by poor forward 50 entries. He’s earning his pay atm.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If it's slippery like it was last night, we'll see Jake's elite ball handling skills come to the fore tonight. I've got him down for 3 goals.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Might be a suitable night for Jakey with it likely to favour the little blokes hopefully he racks up a few goals.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Tried to watch on tv for his position.... seems to be side or rear of contest, not running across front and centre... odd positioning

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Good game tonight from the artistic performer. Great link play.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Good game tonight from the artistic performer. Great link play.

Yeah great game. I had him out before the game after the last few weeks but he was excellent.

Mentioned in the gameday thread that if he was wearing a Lambert 23 shirt I wouldn't have known it wasn't Lambert. Played that role to perfection. Do we have 2 of them?

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
I'm a big fan. Aggressive at the ball, loves to tackle and can take a mark...loves a goal. He's in our best 22. Way ahead of Rioli.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hard not to like the bloke who apparently spent 6 years in the VFL , thought he struggled the last 2 games, however tonight I reckon was just about his best all round game, lacks a little polish but his Baker tough

Reactions: 1 users