Joel Bowden | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joel Bowden

Brodders17 said:
yes joel played average on thurs, along with 20 others. yes hes getting on. maybe he should have been asked to retire but lets keep critism to reality.
we should have delisted him before he was dual AA? mmmmm.

that would be joel who kicked the goal with secs left to win us the game, who took the matchwinning mark backing back into the leading forward to win us the game, who had the calmness to walk back over the line rather than kick the ball to a contest to win us the game. seems to handle pressure alright.

he has repeatedly shown when given a job on a suitable opponent that he can beat them.
did you watch carlton regularly go down the wing? did you watch geelong repeatedly switch play? that is how football is played now. teams switch play to get round flooding, or zoning. if the first switch doesnt work they switch back again.

certainly not over rated on here. must be those AA selectors who know nothing.

im sure thats it. he only tries when he has to so he wont get dropped.

Brodders.....many of your comments and points come from the past ...where he belongs.....where he should have been left. I am fed up with people defending him. If he was so damn good as you make out...why is it so rarely we see these displays...why does the threat of axing him bring out his best. He has no motivation and is a classic under achiever who has had his day and should have been bounced in 2007. He simply does not do anywhere near enough.
If he is so damn good why was he so damn bad on Thursday? Bowden is a mega dud and a relic of a by gone era!

Joel doesn't look fit to me..... or is it the case that all older players look big in the butt department???

Too slow at this stage of his career to succeed as a permanent forward IMO. Yet Wallace obviously has concerns about playing him in his best position down back. :-X

As others have said, older players often take a while to get going, but they generally come good in the second half of the season when the younger players are feeling the pinch. Don't write him off yet.

We are shot for 2009. Bowden and others over the age of 30 should be retired and kids played.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Too slow at this stage of his career to succeed as a permanent forward IMO. Yet Wallace obviously has concerns about playing him in his best position down back. :-X

As others have said, older players often take a while to get going, but they generally come good in the second half of the season when the younger players are feeling the pinch. Don't write him off yet.
bit late for that i wrote him of yrs ago and believe ive been provben correct.

there are cancers that are vigorous and destroy quickly. the joelenious cancer is slow and insidious and kills very slowly it also allows for remissions unfortunately this type of cancer is hard to detect, hence trying to safeguard against it is very dificult.

scientists are still not sure if joelenious is infectiouis or not, but recent surveys at a certain footy club where it is believed to have first broke out indicates that it is infectious and deadly.
symptoms are well we wont go there primarily to stop tribal panic. the treatment best described to combat joelenious is head in sandus bumbinairus. not a lot of real scientific cure there but very calming for the mind.

really is time to put him out to pasture. as usual he escapes criticism.

*smile* must be thanking his lucky stars that hes surrounded by so many underpeformers like himself.

the claw said:
really is time to put him out to pasture. as usual he escapes criticism.

*smile* must be thanking his lucky stars that hes surrounded by so many underpeformers like himself.

But, but, but he was named in the best in some publications!!!!

I want to know what is going on with his '80s' hair style?

Great goal at the start of the 4th quarter, but that attempt at a running goal was extremely poor, may have assisted with team impetus in that quarter if he had slotted it.

I thought when Steve Johnston walked through a Bowden tackle it was a key moment of capitulation in the last quarter, but I may be biased because I'm not a big fan.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I thought when Steve Johnston walked through a Bowden tackle it was a key moment of capitulation in the last quarter, but I may be biased because I'm not a big fan.
Your right,your biased

Funny though, whenever I saw it was Bowden who had the ball, I felt confident that it would be delivered to our advantage. He's a safe pair of hands.

Baloo said:
Funny though, whenever I saw it was Bowden who had the ball, I felt confident that it would be delivered to our advantage. He's a safe pair of hands.

He missed a few targets on Saturday Baloo!