Joel Bowden | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joel Bowden

Tigermad2005 said:
Is the player coming in for him a better player Joel?.......................No
Did he play a bad game last week?................................................No
So why drop him?
Maybe because he has regular brain fades that gift the opposition goals.

I hope what the Jade has said is actually true. Let Bowden be told what he has to do to get back to the ones and then if he manages it then he goes back up.

I fully expect this to be Joel's last year and agree that Gaspar was disgracefully handled. Would want Joel to be handled scrupulously fairly. Set the criteria and then stick to it let the guy have something to strive for in his last season.

Joel is easiely within our best 22. Easily. Still pleased with the match committee decision.

His next game should be in round 21 and the club should now be seeking his ongoing involvement in a 2010 Richmond.

Love JB. Favourite memory, v Carlton last round 97 at PP, I think the last time we played them there so historic game in hindsight, it was a lockout, unleash the geisch, Carlton playing to make the 8. we beat em by a point after being 6 or 7 goals down. Benny played like a man possessed, Brodders everywhere, Rogers big goal out of the middle, players from both sides going down like ninepins and getting bandaged-up, a young JB takes a big pack mark at CHF to put us within a goal or two. Throat gone and couldn't speak after the game just squeak, remember laughing at myself trying to order a beer.

Reactions: 1 users
His first game against WC
Unbelievable game and then screwed up his shoulder.
And the Stkilda game at the testie dome he kicked the sealer where Grant Thomas said 'good sides don't lose to Richmond'
Best kick alongside Matty Knights and Leon Cameron I've seen at the club.

Reactions: 1 user
A very skilled and classy player yet at times infuriating was Joel.

He just lacked the hot intensity that would've made him a star of the comp.

Once they stuck him down back and he started to rack up easy kicks he seemed to just cruise along

Was very damaging as a wing half forward.