Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
His ability to play midfield is helping us get by when we’re hurt by injuries to other midfielders. It’s important he can do this so Dusty has more freedom once other players are fit. This helps us win premierships. Gun.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
acatman1 said:
Not denying that, talking about the player. Cam Mooney was a premiership player at North, had zero possessions. Being a premiership player does not make you a better footballer IMHO, it is a nice title tho.
Has kicked 40 odd goals and was instrumental in a premiership year. You have always been off the mark with Caddy.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
123kid said:
His ability to play midfield is helping us get by when we’re hurt by injuries to other midfielders. It’s important he can do this so Dusty has more freedom once other players are fit. This helps us win premierships. Gun.

Yep. Caddy is clearly a better forward than a mid but he can pinch hit as a mid, and that's what we've asked him to do while Lambert etc have been out. In our best team he's forward 90% of the time.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
acatman1 said:
Not denying that, talking about the player. Cam Mooney was a premiership player at North, had zero possessions. Being a premiership player does not make you a better footballer IMHO, it is a nice title tho.

You're comparing Caddys performances at Richmond to Cam Mooneys performances at North? Laughable.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
acatman1 said:

I agree with your point, some as misunderstanding what you actually meant.

The difference between Caddy the player at Geelong and Caddy the player at Richmond is, in my opinion, that Richmond has a better culture and is the better club.

That’s why we got more out of him.

I’d say most of our list has fulfilled their potential in ways that other clubs aren’t matching right now. So it’s correct to say he’s got the same weaknesses at Richmond as he did at Geelong and he’s no more talented because of the premiership player label.

Our injury crisis has just meant we’re utilising him differently right now, and maybe the losses have meant the club’s narrative has changed a little in the short-term, I don’t know. Either way, our success has been a result of a culture and system that gets more out of players like Caddy than most other clubs are able to get. So yes, of course he’s still got similar strengths and weaknesses as he did at Geelong, but that’s not what matters.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
T-Shirt Tommy said:
You're comparing Caddys performances at Richmond to Cam Mooneys performances at North? Laughable.

No i am saying being a premiership player, does NOT mean you are necessarliy a good/great player. I can think of plenty of premiership players who are meh type of players thats all

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
acatman1 said:
No i am saying being a premiership player, does NOT mean you are necessarliy a good/great player. I can think of plenty of premiership players who are meh type of players thats all

Was AA squad last year along with Hawkins and Blicavs.

Admittedly not the same multi-faceted player this year after an interrupted prep.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Was AA squad last year along with Hawkins and Blicavs.

Admittedly not the same multi-faceted player this year after an interrupted prep.

Been disappointing. Not sure how long the "interrupted preseason" excuse can last.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
His selfishness and lack of comittment *smile* me. That’s why he’s on his 3rd club.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
this bloke is doing nothing. absent for 7/8ths tonight. no second efforts at all.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
St Kevin said:
Playing like a bloke who didn't have a preseason.

True - but geez he is doing stuff all out there & with so many experienced guys missing - he needs to do so much more