Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Going by the Cadds article in 'that' website, it looks like Dimma primed his role to be a LMID for Friday's game but without the run towards the goal.

More of a sweeper role. Interesting.....just hope everything we try works against the Scum.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It's not an if with Caddy. It's when. The role is there being trailed right now.

Reckon Short goes out Caddy comes in and plays the same role but more as an interceptor.

Some Jeremy Howe/James Sicily hybrid. The manic handball makes the pace we have.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think Caddy is at a really interesting juncture. The limited preseason has not helped.

Agree with those who say he can't be a full time mid. However I think he can be impactful in bursts in the middle.

Definitely a more dangerous forward, but how does he fit in with Lynch? And is Jack, Tom and Caddy robbing us off our pace? And has Bolton taken his midfield minutes? It's up to the coaching staff to answer these questions, and at the moment it's hard to argue for him to be in the best 22.

The only way I see Caddy playing up front is as a permanant mid marking playing in the 50 as a second option to Lynch.

Jackmond to go further up the ground and play HB through HF and becomes our Tom Lynch (Crows) roving forward target man.

The two rucks then change with each other off the bench.

Caddy pinch hits through the middle with Dusty / Edwards etc and swaps forward.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I’d agree with giving Caddy the spot that Short has........for now.

Shorty is a bit lost with Houli in the team. They are both one trick ponies who glide past looking to receive and distribute. Problem is, Houli does it so much more often, which leaves Short without enough opportunities. He is even less defensive than Houli is, making him a risk in a more defensive role.

Put them both in the team and we don’t have enough lockdown defenders. Caddy can take a good mark and play a defensive role as well as assisting Houli and Vlastuin to distribute the ball. Worth a shot.

It will be interesting if Pickett steps up. He sounds like exactly the player missing in our backline. If he comes good, we could really be in business. Unfortunately, he may run out of time.

Experimenting with Caddy makes sense. He can always swap with Siddy if neither is having an impact.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Can’t see how Vlastuin and Caddy can co exist in the same backline, especially in today’s need for manic forward pressure

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
this idea is the only way forward with Caddy. he's no Mid, and the forward line is complete..
use his grunt in the back half.

Bailey Dale hasnt got a game nearly all year till yesterday
The doggies need a big bodied midfielder. Shhh.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Can’t see how Vlastuin and Caddy can co exist in the same backline, especially in today’s need for manic forward pressure

Vlastuin has been playing great. Good pressure, gained over 499 metres on weekend. What's the issue with his backline play?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
It's not an if with Caddy. It's when. The role is there being trailed right now.

Reckon Short goes out Caddy comes in and plays the same role but more as an interceptor.

Some Jeremy Howe/James Sicily hybrid. The manic handball makes the pace we have.

Howe/Sicily have a huge athletic advantage Caddy does not. No thanks.

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I would expect caddy to play loose , his defensive pressure ratings are always right up there and he tackles to , don’t worry about that . I’ve always thought his midfield work was a little underrated , ball use pretty good , curious to see how this unfolds , I agree shorty spot is anything but sure in the side, reckon kmac comes in first though

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Vlastuin has been playing great. Good pressure, gained over 499 metres on weekend. What's the issue with his backline play?
Nothing, Vlastuin’s playing well. Having Vlastuin and Caddy who obviously is far inferior as a defender inside the defensive 50 is far too slow