Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Maybe he's struggling psychologically with not getting back into the side. May have thought after his first VFL game back where he dominated that he'd be an automatic in.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He'll be 28 when he starts his next contract, so he should still have some good footy ahead of him. Leadership and grunt for a developing side if he can't win his spot back with us.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can he reinvent himself again if not playing forward? He’s never really proven himself as an effective midfielder at AFL level. Definitely at the crossroads given what some of our youngsters are showing. Especially on the dollars I expect he’s on. His best work has been awesome for us but a 4th club wouldn’t surprise if his usage has expired.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can he reinvent himself again if not playing forward? He’s never really proven himself as an effective midfielder at AFL level. Definitely at the crossroads given what some of our youngsters are showing. Especially on the dollars I expect he’s on. His best work has been awesome for us but a 4th club wouldn’t surprise if his usage has expired.
Yeah, if youre being firm you'd try and move him on. Think we got what we wanted out of him.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Im surprised with the trade Caddy talk. He has been a bit off this year but is a very good, tough and reliable contributer when he is up and about. Still best 22 for me no doubts what so ever. Hopefully back soon!

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Conditioning phase? Mini preseason? Suggests he’s in our best 22 - obviously just getting his body right.

Someone said he may be having personal issues, if so hopefully nothing too serious. Otherwise he must be struggling with an injury as he's only just back from injury so it would be unusual not to be playing at least VFL as he has done the last two weeks.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I think the penny is starting to drop that this is the case.
All this talk of re-tooling as a mid or half-back is simply coaches trying to get some late career flexibility into a guy that has cruised around the high half forward line for a living, purely for our own short term 2019 flag purposes.
He's now back-up for our taller forwards, and about third in line should another position open up mid or back.
Josh has been superceded by Tom.
These things happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I think the penny is starting to drop that this is the case.
All this talk of re-tooling as a mid or half-back is simply coaches trying to get some late career flexibility into a guy that has cruised around the high half forward line for a living, purely for our own short term 2019 flag purposes.
He's now back-up for our taller forwards, and about third in line should another position open up mid or back.
Josh has been superceded by Tom.
These things happen.
Way too early to put him out to pasture IMO.Will be needed to win the flag this year.

Reactions: 1 users