Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

J

Jumping Jack

Defensively doing K-Mac’s role, but with offensive upside. Building nicely!

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought he did his job. If he's playing KMac's role reckon he's doing it pretty well. Might be hard for KMac to get back into the side.

Reactions: 1 user

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Not sure he has the endurance necessary to play that role against high quality wings. The thing about KMac for his limitations is that his primary role is to take out his guy as the available switch.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Not sure he has the endurance necessary to play that role against high quality wings. The thing about KMac for his limitations is that his primary role is to take out his guy as the available switch.
Yeah... be interesting to see how Josh goes when head to head with Gaff, Cripps and Jetta etc ... be earning his keep this week.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Yet Caddy has been chosen over KMac. I think Tigers have been able to adequately curtail the switch without KMac. If he was a bit more skilled then there wouldn't be an argument. The beauty is, if Caddy doesn't perform adequately KMac is still there as a depth player to slot straight back in. That's the great thing about the Tigers these days, immense depth to cover injuries and poor form and to keep pressure on those who are in the 22.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Caddy is another I'm not completely sold on yet as being part of our best 22. He's a solid footsoldier now but not much else.
Kmac is putting pressure on with a fine game in the VFL last weekend.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Caddy is another I'm not completely sold on yet as being part of our best 22. He's a solid footsoldier now but not much else.
Kmac is putting pressure on with a fine game in the VFL last weekend.
Disagree TOO. Although he didnt have a lot of possessions I thought he had a very good game. He is just a smart footballer. His inside work yesterday was good.

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Disagree TOO. Although he didnt have a lot of possessions I thought he had a very good game. He is just a smart footballer. His inside work yesterday was good.

Yep.
Get's another game in my opinion.
If it came down to him versus KMac or Markov or Townsend I would pick Caddy.
He will have to have a big pre-season if he wants to stay in the best 22 in 2020.
May have already given the Tigers his best.

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Looks to have lightened off a bit. Less weights more endurance work..
Defensive winger with a licence to push forward and take a mark..
Could have kicked 3 if used a few times.
Massive wild card for GF if we make it

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Agree he's playing the role well and I didn't think KMac had a great game in the VFL, did little for most of the game as a backman but did well in the last quarter. Caddy stays.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He creates quite a match-up issue when he drifts forward. If Dusty's not giving them headaches there, Caddy can too. He can also play the Townsend 2017 role.

He doesn't need that many possessions to give us a point of difference across the park.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Lost heaps of midfiff bulk. Never gonna be Deledio across the turf but moving well.
Thought the same. He's got a bit better each week, not in form yet but could provide some important contributions at the right time. Stays in for mine.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Thought the same. He's got a bit better each week, not in form yet but could provide some important contributions at the right time. Stays in for mine.

I’m not as excited. He has gone past his 2 year expiry date.
Looks all at sea on the wing.
He Got me angry when he had options and had a shot from 50 and where nowhere near it.
He is our next McIntosh. Will be squeezed out of our best 22 by the end of 2020.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That wasn’t in the back on sundey. Rioli shat himself & dropped the ball.
The way Rioli landed there was nowhere for Caddy to go.
But the first free kick should’ve been paid. Even his own teammates thought the free was going to Caddy.