Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

yep, I didn't think it would work.

Difference between Dimma and the SaltBoy is that Dimma and crew have an idea, then train the guy in the system in the twos. Scotty just throws people all over the field and hopes for the best.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Difference between Dimma and the SaltBoy is that Dimma and crew have an idea, then train the guy in the system in the twos. Scotty just throws people all over the field and hopes for the best.

It's also a great example of the darksider vs brightsider thinking. Old Richmond would look at Caddy and say "Too slow for wing" and leave it at that. New Richmond looks at his strengths and thinks "he could transform into a premiership winger" and away they go.

It's also a great example of the darksider vs brightsider thinking. Old Richmond would look at Caddy and say "Too slow for wing" and leave it at that. New Richmond looks at his strengths and thinks "he could transform into a premiership winger" and away they go.
Good point, Baloo.

There have been plenty of examples of footballers that weren't real quick but having a good football brain covered their perceived weakness. If you can read the play that bit quicker than your opponent, your lack of speed is negated.

Very good skills, and plenty of agro and lip. Gotta love Cadds.

Reactions: 1 users
if you have lip we love that about your game... except when you play for the oppo, youre a wanker... :p:p:p

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Noticed how much Caddy and Prestia link upr?
Like a Krauker brother from another mother!

Don't forget we pick up guy's that want to progress to the betterment of themselves and the team and not those that believe their own press

Reactions: 1 user
Reckon Cadds is Dimma twenty years ago, some nutso professor cloned Dimma n now we've got both of them together all at the same time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Was sceptical about him moving to the wing but he's really growing into the role. Looks super fit and has been in great form this preseason.

A couple of great 2nd man up spoils int he backline too. He just knows where to be at the right times. Very clever player.

A couple of great 2nd man up spoils int he backline too. He just knows where to be at the right times. Very clever player.
Good call. With him in the wing and a bigger tank he'll be able to help out the backline more often.

Always seems to have plenty of time with ball in hand.
Plus he always uses it well.

Kind of player Geelong could use now.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Good call. With him in the wing and a bigger tank he'll be able to help out the backline more often.

With Baker also starting on the wing in pre-season games looks like we will have 2 capable defensive wingers with Daniel moving up and down the ground at will , (never venturing past half back), to fill the void, serving as the pseudo wingman and offensive option often in the chain of play
Loved what Rioli did against GWS, more of the same please!

Caddy would be one of the more undervalued players we have. Mr Versatile and adds a bit of mongrel to the team.

Reactions: 2 users
Hearld sun today
'Geelong pull off draft Heist'
Geelong wanted Motlop to go to Richmond, but Richmond ended up going after Josh Caddy.
With both players gone, They must've got some decent picks.
Not sure the hearld sun picks the right stories to write..

I’d like to see Caddy go back to playing permanently deep forward and Bolton push up the ground more, Caddy’s footy iq should help our struggling forward line atm and Bolton’s pace should help ball transition more.

Reactions: 9 users
That article gave good insight to how Geelong operates. They saw us as a salary cap dumping ground.