Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Don't hold as much hope he can return to quality AFL footy as most. Definitely not in the midfield...Too slow to transition which is always key for us.

Possibly forward, but think AFL is beyond him, especially in our setup now.
It's a fair thought Daisy. It's more hope he can somehow discover his forward form from 2018 (3 years ago) than anything.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Don't hold as much hope he can return to quality AFL footy as most. Definitely not in the midfield...Too slow to transition which is always key for us.

Possibly forward, but think AFL is beyond him, especially in our setup now.

I think the game has passed him. However, i think we need to try him as the mid-sized forward again because that is what we are missing atm. if it doesn't work, its time to let him go.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I think the game has passed him. However, i think we need to try him as the mid-sized forward again because that is what we are missing atm. if it doesn't work, its time to let him go.
Still contracted for 2022.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Get him in and play him forward. It's not like the small are doing a great job defensively and he is more likely to provide a target.
I was thinking of the same thing. Remember 2018, there was a period where he marked everything. He will provide a contest. Half forward, FF, mid.

Reactions: 1 user

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Get him into the forward line
Maybe I'm just too old, simple and stupid, but here's my plan.

Tell Caddy to stay within 30m of goals, no matter what.

Why?

So I don't scream at the telly all those times we go forward and there's no-one at all near our goals except an oppo defender who easily rebounds.

I will go to my grave never understanding why you wouldn't have at least one player in a goal-scoring position when you go into attack, given that the ONLY way you win a game of footy is by scoring.

Rant over.

Reactions: 4 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I love Caddy in the team - now the early round run and gun stuff has slowed up - he may just be what we are looking for! (Glass half full)!

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Given all the experience we are missing I can't understand why we can't find a role for him at the moment.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
The cupboard is bare. Caddy has to play, and I need to prepare myself to watch as opposition players run off him as he stays in 4WD mode.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We are stuffed if Caddy is getting a game. Has looked completely disinterested so far this year. Story of his career to date. Has a good couple of years and then drops off.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
He's a depth player these days, but we need to call on that depth right now.

We're fortunate we have an experienced option, and you never know, he could recapture his 2018 form and keep his place.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Premiership wingman.
when he played wing he mostly stayed on the same side of the ground as the ball did. he and KMac would swap sides, letting McIntosh run, and Caddy sit behind the ball. it worked, and hid his lack of pace.
maybe if Pickett is going to stay in the middle, and Naish isnt coming in it time to go back to what has worked.
I dont believe we need to make big changes, yet- we just need to play better, but if Caddy is back in our best available 22 I wouldn't hate to see him on the wing again. :confused:

Reactions: 3 users

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
With Caddy - cupboards bare - no point having him if we don’t use him (as a forward) - he’s got smarts and has a bit of mongrel.....and our forward line has been dysfunctional all season anyway....

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
With all these unlucky injuries, Caddy gets his chance again. But in the guts. In the midfield for the Edwards or Cotchin or Prestia role. Let him play the big-bodied, inside-mid role he's always wanted.

Might be just what we need. But has to release the ball quickly when the tacklers come; not try to break through all the time, resulting in HTBs. Much easier to replace a winger - Ralphsmith, Naish, Dow or Stack - if ready.

If he wins selection, take your opportunity, Josh. Greatest chance that may be left in your AFL career; at least at this great club that made you a premiership player.

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
We are stuffed if Caddy is getting a game. Has looked completely disinterested so far this year. Story of his career to date. Has a good couple of years and then drops off.
Have you seen the players missing ? stuffed we are :)