Liam McBean | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Liam McBean

Shout out to Beanie.

Looks like he has guided Glenelg into finals for the first time since 2011 after three bags of 4 or more in his last 4 weeks.

Still 3 games to go but 2 games clear in fifth ATM.

Kicked 4 on the weekend and Glenelg won over Adelaide by 3 goals in the regional game at Bordertown despite Glenelg losing inside 50s 50 to 40.

Third in the Ken Farmer medal with a bullet.

Glenelg call him " the machine"

Latest highlights.

https://youtu.be/c2TieF6Pv78

Just on Glenelg, Jackson Edwards (Tyson's boy) made his debut after starring at reserves level. Looks a gun. Taller than dad and a raking left footer. Crows will snap him up father son and he looks orders of magnitude better than Naish.

Should change his surname to McBain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyANa71gvU

lamb22 said:
Shout out to Beanie.

Looks like he has guided Glenelg into finals for the first time since 2011 after three bags of 4 or more in his last 4 weeks.

Still 3 games to go but 2 games clear in fifth ATM.

Kicked 4 on the weekend and Glenelg won over Adelaide by 3 goals in the regional game at Bordertown despite Glenelg losing inside 50s 50 to 40.

Third in the Ken Farmer medal with a bullet.

Glenelg call him " the machine"

Latest highlights.

https://youtu.be/c2TieF6Pv78

Come on, Lambchops, seriously? So you'd rate the standard of competition here even close to VFL level? What looks like a decent country league match ... at Bordertwon? Even Ty Vickery wouldn't claim much credit for some of those easy goals, although Liam always roved well for a giant.
How many quality 196cm+ defenders in the SANFL (even then Liam towers over them at 204cm!), Lamby? The last opponent he marked over looked barely 180cm. Note that twice, Liam only has to stand tall, he still shows little spring. Won't be that easy at AFL level. He's hardly a 'lost' Joey Daniher. :hihi

However, I wanted him given another year. There is certainly an argument that he was a better keeper than Elton or Eevan, especially after losing TV and McKenzie. List management at RFC - only just showing signs of improvement, has been hopeless with talls.

lamb22 said:
Just on Glenelg, Jackson Edwards (Tyson's boy) made his debut after starring at reserves level. Looks a gun. Taller than dad and a raking left footer. Crows will snap him up father son and he looks orders of magnitude better than Naish.

so he's 1000 times better at least than Naishy? That's good!

tigersnake said:
so he's 1000 times better at least than Naishy? That's good!

Orders of magnitude - could be as low as 100 times better than Naish. But that's still pretty good.

also

liam-mcbean-760x438.jpg

12 months later and I'm still rather perplexed that we cut Bean. Particularly when our tall stocks were so thin. Everyone knows the dinosaurs take longer to mature, by God we've waited long enough on Elton.

A more mature Bean would've been mighty handy this weekend when we haven't got got a guy over 190cm to poke a stick at. I mean he had already won the goalkicking in the magoos. Much the same as Jack did when he was young.

I can only imagine it must've been an atittude thing or something that the club wasn't happy with. It would have been kinda nice to get some sort of explanation.

antman said:
Orders of magnitude - could be as low as 100 times better than Naish. But that's still pretty good.

I am glad you helped Snakey with the maths.

Maybe you can now explain the function of hyperbole to him.

evo said:
12 months later and I'm still rather perplexed that we cut Bean. Particularly when our tall stocks were so thin. Everyone knows the dinosaurs take longer to mature, by God we've waited long enough on Elton.

A more mature Bean would've been mighty handy this weekend when we haven't got got a guy over 190cm to poke a stick at. I mean he had already won the goalkicking in the magoos. Much the same as Jack did when he was young.

I can only imagine it must've been an atittude thing or something that the club wasn't happy with. It would have been kinda nice to get some sort of explanation.

agree with everything except the final sentence. I think it was pretty obvious the club wasn't happy with something as you say, only my reading between the lines, but to explain would probably be hanging the poor kid out to dry, which would be unfair and unprofessional IMO.

tigersnake said:
agree with everything except the final sentence. I think it was pretty obvious the club wasn't happy with something as you say, only my reading between the lines, but to explain would probably be hanging the poor kid out to dry, which would be unfair and unprofessional IMO.
fair enough you are probably right.

antman said:

but its plural right?, orderS. so at least 1000? Anyway maths was never my strong suit.

lamb22 said:
I am glad you helped Snakey with the maths.

Maybe you can now explain the function of hyperbole to him.

Sure. TS, hyperbole is something that Lamby does in a desperate but usually failed attempt to win an argument on the internet.

tigersnake said:
but its plural right?, orderS. so at least 1000? Anyway maths was never my strong suit.

Let's say Naish's ability is 7. One order of magnitude difference would put this other young man at anywhere between 10-99. Two orders of magnitude at 100-999 ie 2 powers of ten.

Of course with Lamby anything is possible.

EDIT I'm not that great at maths either so some boffin may want to correct me further.

antman said:
Let's say Naish's ability is 7. One order of magnitude difference would put this other young man at anywhere between 10-99. Two orders of magnitude at 100-999 ie 2 powers of ten.

Of course with Lamby anything is possible.

EDIT I'm not that great at maths either so some boffin may want to correct me further.

Dunno but there seems to be a bid debate whether 6÷2(2+1) = 1 or 9.

jb03 said:
Dunno but there seems to be a bid debate whether 6÷2(2+1) = 1 or 9.

That's a head-scratcher.

Did some homework and found that in my example, if Naishy was a 7 then anything between 10-70 would be one order of magnitude greater. 71 would be two orders of magnitude as it's now more than ten times greater and you round up. 701 would then be three orders of magnitude.

I've learned from this.