Liam McBean | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Liam McBean

antman said:
That's a head-scratcher.

Did some homework and found that in my example, if Naishy was a 7 then anything between 10-70 would be one order of magnitude greater. 71 would be two orders of magnitude as it's now more than ten times greater and you round up. 701 would then be three orders of magnitude.

I've learned from this.

gottit, me too. I just thought it was 10x10x10. There's where my lack of sophistication comes in.

craig said:
He lacked intensity and bit lazy particularly in regard to training, was the word at the time in regard to McJesus.
Vickery?

craig said:
He lacked intensity and bit lazy particularly in regard to training, was the word at the time in regard to McJesus.

I remember late 2015 (IIRC) Dimma mentioned that certain players could get "VFL-ised" if they didn't step up from that level quickly enough.

Certainly proved true with Bean. Kills it for Glenelg but if neither of the Adelaide AFL sides show any interest end of this season then it's goodnight nurse.

antman said:
I remember late 2015 (IIRC) Dimma mentioned that certain players could get "VFL-ised" if they didn't step up from that level quickly enough.

Certainly proved true with Bean. Kills it for Glenelg but if neither of the Adelaide AFL sides show any interest end of this season then it's goodnight nurse.

How does the SANFL compare to VFL?

jb03 said:
How does the SANFL compare to VFL?
I would've thought the VFL was ahead but they've lost the last 3(?) state games to the WAFL/SANFL.

tigertim said:
I would've thought the VFL was ahead but they've lost the last 3(?) state games to the WAFL/SANFL.

Might not be a good guide as I assume that AFL listed players are not permitted to play in the rep team?

antman said:
That's a head-scratcher.

Did some homework and found that in my example, if Naishy was a 7 then anything between 10-70 would be one order of magnitude greater. 71 would be two orders of magnitude as it's now more than ten times greater and you round up. 701 would then be three orders of magnitude.

I've learned from this.

Kudos Antman, you know orders of magnitude. Whatever will you google next to demonstrate "knowledge" on a football forum?

SANFL is absolutely a higher level than VFL. I'm Victorian, and spent 6 season working in the VFL/AFL across 3 clubs, and SANFL is seen as a stronger and more mature league (in terms of having more senior bodied players than the VFL, no idea if that aspect is true or not statistically)

Would've preferred to keep Beanie for another year over Elton, but didn't really see much promise from Beanie during his few senior games. He's now a mature enough player n so far shown he can play at VFL level n SANFL level. Who knows, he might even be talented enough to have made a career at AFL level, the thing is VFL, SANFL are still part time leagues. AFL is full time, perhaps Beanie simply couldn't commit the necessary to make it at AFL level n is more than happy n comfortable playing at the slightly less serious level.

TigerMasochist said:
Would've preferred to keep Beanie for another year over Elton, but didn't really see much promise from Beanie during his few senior games. He's now a mature enough player n so far shown he can play at VFL level n SANFL level. Who knows, he might even be talented enough to have made a career at AFL level, the thing is VFL, SANFL are still part time leagues. AFL is full time, perhaps Beanie simply couldn't commit the necessary to make it at AFL level n is more than happy n comfortable playing at the slightly less serious level.

Good post. Didn't want it enough. But hopefully he's maturing.

Skilful talls don't grow on trees. In light of our current situation, I wonder if we'd double dip?

Baron Samedi said:
Kudos Antman, you know orders of magnitude. Whatever will you google next to demonstrate "knowledge" on a football forum?

"Ant, you use Google to look things up that you don't know". That's a real zinger, no coming back from that one.