List management 2021-2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List management 2021-2022

Last night against Port we had no Dusty, no Grimes and lost Flossy during the game.

Astbury, and Houli retired last year and Chol and CJ left. Lambert and Caddy retired this year.

Sonsie, Miller, MJ, Cumberland and Gibcus all look to be players.

I've got big wraps on Ryan, Clarke, Brown and Banks with time look to have a future. Hugo is a question mark, but has shown a bit.

I don't mind Dow, just needs to improve his outside play. Biggie looks promising.

Soldo will be have a lot more confidence is his knee next year.

And then there's the Ace up our sleeve...........Syd.

Our list management and drafting has been pretty damn good. Last year looks to have been a good draft for us, nail this years draft, and trade in one or 2 players and it's good times ahead.

Yeah I think our list management is looking strong. We have 22 players on our list with under 50 games (and Pickett is on 54, Balta on 59).

Soldo - 49 - Can play AFL footy
Aarts - 42 - Probably will be delisted
Ross - 42 - I like Ross, won't be a superstar, but a good workman like midfielder
Stack - 35 - As we all know, potentially could be anything
Parker - 30 - Retired
Hugo - 19 - Can play, just needs to work on his disposal
Gibcus - 15 - will be star
Rioli - 14 - Can play AFL for sure, build the tank bigger and will be a very good AFL player
Dow - 13 - Can certainly win the ball, question marks on disposal
RCD - 11 - A bust for mine, could be delisted or traded this year
Miller - 9 - Can definitely play. I really liked his game last night
Cumberland - 6 (really 5) - Can play
Sonsie - 4 - Will be a very good midfielder
Clarke - 3 - Looks like he will be an AFL player
Nyuon - 1 - Jury still out but good signs
Ryan - 1 - I like Ryan, will play AFL at a good level IMO
Banks / Brown - 0 - I have high hopes for these 2 kids
Bauer / Colina - 0 - Probably too early to say

We are rebuilding on the run and doing a pretty good job at it IMO. Half the list played under 50 games, most of them are young kids. Add to that this year and use free agency over the next few years to our advantage to bring those top players in and maybe we can follow the same (but hopefully more successful path) as Geelong

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I think our list management is looking strong. We have 22 players on our list with under 50 games (and Pickett is on 54, Balta on 59).

Ross - 42 - I like Ross, won't be a superstar, but a good workman like midfielder
Parker - 30 - Retired
Rioli - 14 - Can play AFL for sure, build the tank bigger and will be a very good AFL player

We are rebuilding on the run and doing a pretty good job at it IMO. Half the list played under 50 games, most of them are young kids. Add to that this year and use free agency over the next few years to our advantage to bring those top players in and maybe we can follow the same (but hopefully more successful path) as Geelong
Good summary. I would put Bauer in the Nyuon category.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, poor old Grimesy is trying to plug too many holes.

We need a settled backline, instead of chopping and changing, such as Balta and Baker forward and back.

Grimes will return to his old self with Broad, Balta (permanently down back) and Tarrant.
I’ve always felt that defence can only play as well as the midfield.
If the oppposition midfield get on top, the defence feels the pressure

Reactions: 2 users

Parker - 30 - Retired

Good post.

What is clearly lacking on that list though is a key forward.

If only we could draft as well as Sydney?
Sydney academy starts players very young from 1000s of kids,and gets it down to a few elite juniors, but my point is,we are not allowed to do this as any club can draft our academy guys in top 20,and we can't match,where Sydney can take them with a discount.

We have players on the Rookie list that need to be either delisted or upgraded
Stack , Pickett , Aarts

Biggy & Miller still has time

We have players on the Rookie list that need to be either delisted or upgraded
Stack , Pickett , Aarts

Biggy & Miller still has time
Pickett should be Captain.
How the *smile* is he still a Rookie.
He is easy a 500k footballer

Bauer is a rookie though.

It called the MSRD - Mid Season Rookie Draft

I get that. I assume at the same time a rookie is promoted to the main list in order to free up the spot. We could only take Bauers spot because of Caddy's retirement. We didn't suddenly create a rookie spot from nothing.

I get that. I assume at the same time a rookie is promoted to the main list in order to free up the spot. We could only take Bauers spot because of Caddy's retirement. We didn't suddenly create a rookie spot from nothing.
I reckon you just get the extra rookie for the rest of the year, then after the season the list numbers need to be sorted.

Delist martyn and collier-dawkins
Added to caddy edwards lambert
Upgrade Pickett and stack
Draft 3

Delist Parker and Aarts
Then we have 4 rookie spots

Easier to figure out though after the trade period