#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nothing wrong with nice soft n toasty warm crumpet for breakfast. Or any other time of day for that matter, one can even coat them in honey or jam for extra delight.

Too right Masso ,I'm a bit partial to some crumpet meself but can get a bit messy with homey and jam though ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Too right Masso ,I'm a bit partial to some crumpet meself but can get a bit messy with homey and jam though ;)
Are you sharing crumpet with your homey craig or enjoying your homey as crumpet?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Shouldve been North that merged in 97.
Can't see how they survive this.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’d take it up if I were North. Play 11/12 games in Tassie, get a genuine home ground advantage. Be underwritten by the AFL for a decade. Try and squeeze a deal where your other games are played in Melbourne (or at least minimalise the interstate trips to QLD, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. )

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I’d take it up if I were North. Play 11/12 games in Tassie, get a genuine home ground advantage. Be underwritten by the AFL for a decade. Try and squeeze a deal where your other games are played in Melbourne (or at least minimalise the interstate trips to QLD, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. )
Question though - what happens in a decade if they've proven beyond any doubt that Tassie isn't fiscally capable of supporting a club (which will happen, it's not capable and the population isn't exactly booming) and they've somewhat sacrificed their membership growth (lol) in Melbourne? They'd be better off in Gold Coast, where the economics make more sense. I normally couldn't give a crap about north, don't like them as a club, but I really hope this doesn't bring about their death, they've worked hard to get back on an even keel.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
#lolNorf aren't fiscally viable in Melbourne. If the AFL is going to keep them alive they might as well transplant to Tasmania. It will probably cost less in the long run.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I hope that all clubs survive this situation. Some folks don't like Nth, that's ok, but I know a lot of their supporters who kicked in & helped when we were desperate.
The club that I dislike more than most is the Bloos, but they more than any other club did the most to support us when we needed it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
#lolNorf President was vocal during our SOS that the AFL shouldn't help us and we should fold. *smile* them. More than happy to see them merged or relocated.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Dunno, when someone advocates for your demise, it's not something I forget nor forgive.

Aren't you doing the same thing.
North supporters are just as passionate about their club as we are.
I know a lot of Fitzroy supporters who don't follow any club since the Roys demise. They either just follow local footy or no footy at all.
Even a lot of South Melb supporters didn't transfer to the Swans.
The AFL wants to keep as many supporters as they can, in fact they want to increase their fans/supporters that why we have to tolerate GWS & The Suns.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yes, I should be very passionate about North Melbourne, after all, what I write on an anonymous Richmond fan website carries a lot of weight around town.....

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I love how casual everyone is with another club. Yeah let's just move North to Tassie or the Gold Coast.

North's financial performance has been solid for a decade, despite limited on-field success.

Perhaps Richmond should move to Tassie. A club in a powerful financial position would be better placed to make a strong transition and we have a strong line of great Tasmania players to give us a link with the state.

Nine clubs in Melbourne in an 18 team National comp is ludicrous and unsustainable in the medium to long term and North going to Tassie could be a reasonable and natural outcome from this current disaster.

North going out of business altogether is another possible outcome - as is North merging with other existing clubs whether here in interstate.

North supporters might get to a point where Tassie is the best (or least worst) option left.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
#lolnorf should have taken the Gold Coast option when it was on the table and spared us all from the Suns.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We would be livid if someone suggested we relocate, even during the dark years when we had no money or success.

Yeah, they advocated we fold, worse than relocating, and some of us haven't forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
#lolnorf should have taken the Gold Coast option when it was on the table and spared us all from the Suns.

But the Suns did give us some key players who have helped the RFC to win 2 flags pretty much so I have a slight appreciation for them.