Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Hawkins doesn't do the pissy narky little stuff like Lynch - he usually belts blokes properly. And push people into packs which is more dangerous than what Lynch does.

Nevertheless I'd prefer if Lynch stopped doing it, as I have to hear from the *smile* commentators and media all week now and also have to put up with you lot bitching and moaning about how unfair it all is.
Yep he's doing silly things to bring unwarranted attention on himself.

The media BS has to be wearing thin with the players to a degree.

Reactions: 1 user
Why doesn't he wake up and stop doing *smile* things then?

He's a top player but he should realise he's going to cop extra scrutiny every time he does something like this.

Why should he, plenty of others get away with it constantly.

In any case, they have been building up the Geelong Collingwood game as the game of the century so the short attention span of the media will likely kick in tomorrow and they will be going on about how whoever wins out of Geelong and Collingwood is the unbackable flag favourite.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Why should he, plenty of others get away with it constantly.

Why should he? You saw the reason tonight - commentators and media jump all over it. It will be all over social media all week.

If you don't care about that, fine. Don't complain when the football industry makes a big deal out of it.

Bit of a joke all the media scrutiny on Lynch, they've been looking for any angle they possibly can to hang him this year.
Plugger & Ablett used to annihilate anybody that stood in their way and it was praised as a manly act.
Oh how they laughed at the poor defender that got deliberately laid out, how dare they fill the hole.
But Tom nearly puts half his weight on their shoulder and all of a sudden it's a dog act.

Dermie (Reported 15 times, suspended for 30 games, deliberately stood on a man's face) mentioned there's no room in the modern game for this.
I love Tom's aggression, he doesn't take your *smile* and yeah he will retaliate.
He might give a free kick away or 50, but he'll probably win the game too.
Outstanding game tonight, could've had 5. Dead set champion

Reactions: 4 users
I find the difference in coverage between what he did to what dixon did to stratton as appalling, i get he probably shouldnt do it but if thats the only 'on the edge' act last night then it wasnt finals football

Reactions: 2 users
Hawkins doesn't do the pissy narky little stuff like Lynch - he usually belts blokes properly. And push people into packs which is more dangerous than what Lynch does.

Nevertheless I'd prefer if Lynch stopped doing it, as I have to hear from the *smile* commentators and media all week now and also have to put up with you lot bitching and moaning about how unfair it all is.

If it's not Lynch it will be something else. Like the Chol/Vlastuin incident which has been repeated since a number of times at other clubs but hardly newsworthy it seems. Maybe because they couldn't put a non-existent racial slur I to it.

I say just keep doing what we're doing and let others be distracted by the noise. Push the boundaries just don't go too far. Hardwick seems to be on board with that approach if his presser was anything to go by.

There seems a concerted effort to bring the Tigers down. It's called hate of sustained success, tall poppy syndrome, alive and well in the Australian media. Bring it on.

Reactions: 6 users
White noise. Umpires missed a free kick. Move on.

Wish he hadn't done the knee thing. Now we're going to hear about it all week. At the same time, getting a week for that would be a disgrace. Surely not.

Great game by Tom though, despite the set shots. I'm glad the toughest forward in the game plays for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Wish he hadn't done the knee thing. Now we're going to hear about it all week. At the same time, getting a week for that would be a disgrace. Surely not.

Great game by Tom though, despite the set shots. I'm glad the toughest forward in the game plays for us.
I like what he did for the prestia goal.
Media focusing on him this good takes the focus of the fact we have a ruck problem... far out kebabgate

Lynch will have to take one for the team and distract attention from Cotchin, whose reckless tackle is far closer to a sanction IMO. There’s even a picture around where Cotchin appears to be gouging Jones - probably an illusion, but I think the media could do some damage if they choose.

• Wow
Why can’t the MRO just quickly do his job and issue the fine (that isn’t warranted) and stop days and days of media (and social media) hyperbole.

Reactions: 2 users
Lynch will have to take one for the team and distract attention from Cotchin, whose reckless tackle is far closer to a sanction IMO. There’s even a picture around where Cotchin appears to be gouging Jones - probably an illusion, but I think the media could do some damage if they choose.

Cotch tackle was in play
Lynch knee was completely behind play

Press cant help themselves. Its all they can talk about. Its almost as if they dont get onto it straight away they may miss out on who can have the biggest Lynch headline.

• Angry