Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The issue I see for Lynch is with his history and lack or preparation his soft tissue risk factors are off the charts.

He is going to be a nightmare for Meehan to manage, you either manage the hell out of his workload and sit down a key player that we want out there, or you accept that he is going to ping something at some stage and you hope like hell the timing is good and he is there when it counts.

And of course even if you take option 1 there's still a good chance option 2 emerges anyway.
To be clear TBR i appreciate your viewpoint, even if its not always what I'd want to read.

We all hope Big Tom slays it this season.
And he can carry his form from 22.
Time will tell.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
To be clear TBR i appreciate your viewpoint, even if its not always what I'd want to read.

We all hope Big Tom slays it this season.
And he can carry his form from 22.
Time will tell.

All good TD, my motivation for sharing that is actually out of concern for Meehan as much as anyone.

If Lynch jags a hammy at some stage this season the response shouldn't be the inevitable 'another hammy this bloke has no idea' but that this is a perfectly understandable and predictable outcome of Lynch's preparation.

If he doesn't jag a hammy all year then Meehan deserves absolute praise. Unfortunately you rarely get any recognition for people not being injured, even in these cases where prevention alone is a terrific tick for the program.

Reactions: 6 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Never any club gets a perfect run with injuries n gets to play their best 22 every week. Always been a juggling n balance effort trying to manage the players available and have the premium players at their best at the pointy end of the season.
Unfortunately coaches, up until very recently have wanted their best players on the park every week, often when they've only been at 70% or so.

Old mate Salty showed last year what some astute player management can achieve, with a little luck thrown in.

Clubs going to need total buy in from the players, coaches and fitness gurus together to ensure we manage the playing list as well as possible and have the older and most talented players in premium shape for finals. Meehan's got a big job in front of him, hope half the job isn't wasted fighting unnecessary battles.

Footy seasons have long been described as marathons. Best marathoners over the years understand how to be on pace, surge at optimal times to break up packs plus retain a little in the tank for one last burst heading toward the finish line.
Unacceptable lack of colloquialisms, intentional word misspellings, smart ass nicknames and general humorous sarcasm in this post. Wtf TM. Old mate salty doesn’t cut it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Unacceptable lack of colloquialisms, intentional word misspellings, smart ass nicknames and general humorous sarcasm in this post. Wtf TM. Old mate salty doesn’t cut it.
Oh come on Emo, cut an old fart a little slack. As I was answering TBR's post I feel totally justified in referring to Old mate Salty, TBR being such a fan of his.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Oh come on Emo, cut an old fart a little slack. As I was answering TBR's post I feel totally justified in referring to Old mate Salty, TBR being such a fan of his.
Nah, GrowlySex. You need to lift!

As per ReMote - Unacceptable!

:p

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Geezus, I'm being ambushed, bastards are comin at me from all sides. Hup the lot of yez, I'm postin as I see fit at all times.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Did anyone see the news grabs on tv last night?
Showed Tommy Gun marking then shooting for goal.
Seemed like he was limping when he landed.
Wasn't mentioned by anyone,.
Hopefully just me and can put it down to the beers.
Anyone else notice?
Hope he is ok.
They need to manage/train him very carefully up to Rd 1.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Bump.

Thought one of the positives yesterday was the Lynch-pin. Thought he seemed to be moving pretty well, clunked a few and got through ok.

He gave May a few headaches at times.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bump.

Thought one of the positives yesterday was the Lynch-pin. Thought he seemed to be moving pretty well, clunked a few and got through ok.

Dejavu.....I'm sure I just read this o_O

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Bump.

May gave him a bath early in the game though