Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

bozo

Tiger Rookie
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
The dismissal of the Lynch charge is a pretty damning indictment on the MRO. Not a downgrade but a complete dismissal, it was basically a waste of everyone’s time.

Obviously, it won’t happen but this is the type of case the AFL and MRO need to review to understand why they got it so, so wrong.
And the second time it has happened to T. Lynch

Reactions: 1 users

YeOldeTiger

Tiger Rookie
May 25, 2020
Far Side of the Moon
Potential to cause injury is simply the biggest pile of bull *smile* invented by the flogs at AFLHQ. Almost every action taken on a footy field has the potential to cause injury and that loathsome word should be obliterated from the AFL vernacular.
Yep agree but geez it came in handy when used to rub a few of our boys out.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
They usually do, it's almost as though they know more about footy than the average punter or something. :whistle:
John Ralph, Rohan Connelly and Mark Robinson send you their regards and said they look forward to the next football Mensa get together

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
John Ralph, Rohan Connelly and Mark Robinson send you their regards and said they look forward to the next football Mensa get together
Haaargh. Mark Robinson n Mensa shouldn't even belong in the same language never mind sentence.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

I'm the first to admit that guys like that, with regular access to talk to players and coaches, on and off the record, are going to know much more than I do about aspects of the game.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Add all of Karen Cornes, Parrot, Tony Jones, Lloyd, Tony Shaw, Sam McClure and Luke Hodge to that group also. Each deserve to be in that club

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Much more than you, but maybe not others on here?

No doubt there are some well connected and wise minds on here and I think they stand out pretty clearly.

The difference with lots of others is they don't know what they don't know. In my experience lots of people think they know footy until they get an insight behind the scenes at an AFL club and realise how much they don't know. That was certainly true for me and is again now.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
No doubt there are some well connected and wise minds on here and I think they stand out pretty clearly.

The difference with lots of others is they don't know what they don't know. In my experience lots of people think they know footy until they get an insight behind the scenes at an AFL club and realise how much they don't know. That was certainly true for me and is again now.

Sometimes you can see more from a distance than when you are up close. "Can't see the forest, for the trees", if you like? I think being too close can give you a very skewed perspective and make the trivial seem terribly important. Confirmation bias abounds in that kind of environment. That said I have more time for Connolly than the others.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

I’m sure that’s generally true. However there is an element that is missing from journos, administrators and many who work in clubs and that is the perspective of the fans.
The AFL is nothing without the fans but I don’t think many working in that organisation truly understand and appreciate that.
I don’t think they really listen to the fans.
I am nothing but a fan in the end but I know what I want from a game of footy. I want to see hard, tough, contested footy and I see less and less of it.
Maybe that is inevitable but that doesn’t mean I have to like it

Reactions: 4 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Reading between the lines, Buckley's opinion seems to be it may not look like a deliberate bump, but Tom is dirty so it most likely was.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
So we agree then. b

Yep, I was wrong. Thought he would have and should have gotten a week or two.

Mind you I bet most of the posters who are gleefully parading old TBR through the streets now will be back bleating about the anti-Richmond AFL, and the old 'if that was a Richmond player they'd be suspended for sure' next week without a hint of irony.

Makes me wonder what they think when they pop on social media and read the comments about this. It's like a conspiracy Sixth Sense.

Probably a printing deadline issue TM, the Lynch verdict was much later. The online edition is 50/50.

Be too much of a pay cut.

Yeah, of course I'd wish injury on someone. It's not as though I've dedicated my entire working life to keeping people healthy, and a big chunk of it to helping athletes stay healthy, or anything.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

One thing I haven't had the chance to do is study someone with an extra *smile* though, so if you are ever up for volunteering feel free to reach out. (y)
I meant it as a joke, not at all thinking you’d wish injury upon someone. I am curious though as to what was censored. An extra terrestrial???

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Listened to SEN for 5 mins this evening with the witty repertoire and dulcet tones of Karen and Brad Johnson.

Karen had his usual crack at Cotchin (said he had 11 disposal at 40% match time) but even if he had 25, he wouldn't notice him. Johnson can't believe Lynch got off.

I'm never getting those 5 minutes back.

Reactions: 3 users