Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It's taken a couple of day to get over the shock of this injury news.

Firstly & most importantly Lynch privately must be absolutely devastated after working so hard to get back from his foot injury. Hope he's got good support.

Secondly the excitement of having Lynch & Gibcus available this year (after long term injuries), has lasted only 4 rounds, only to fall to entirely unrelated long term injuries.
It's honestly just shockingly bizarre bad luck.

Finally Tom was playing so well on the weekend before this & played a pivotal part in the unexpected victory.
He was looking like he was starting to find his groove again & was providing a seriously difficult target for opposition defenders.

Now after missing what will effectively be two years of footy, I am starting to worry if we need to start thinking seriously about life beyond him given he's become injury prone.
His 7 year deal runs out at the end of next year I believe.
Wouldn't change a thing given the impact on our Premiership years but the back end of his time with us again highlights that long term contracts don't usually come without some pain.

Fingers crossed he can still have an impact late in his career.
If a club in the premiership window came a knockin and wanted Tom for let’s say a 2 year contract for ‘25 & ‘26, would you?

Reactions: 1 user

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
If a club in the premiership window came a knockin and wanted Tom for let’s say a 2 year contract for ‘25 & ‘26, would you?
Surely no club would try to pick him up this off season 'cos the injuries are too recent?

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
A future r1 I’d think about it following recent injury , more r2 we don’t really need , already got a bunch

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It's taken a couple of day to get over the shock of this injury news.

Firstly & most importantly Lynch privately must be absolutely devastated after working so hard to get back from his foot injury. Hope he's got good support.

Secondly the excitement of having Lynch & Gibcus available this year (after long term injuries), has lasted only 4 rounds, only to fall to entirely unrelated long term injuries.
It's honestly just shockingly bizarre bad luck.

Finally Tom was playing so well on the weekend before this & played a pivotal part in the unexpected victory.
He was looking like he was starting to find his groove again & was providing a seriously difficult target for opposition defenders.

Now after missing what will effectively be two years of footy, I am starting to worry if we need to start thinking seriously about life beyond him given he's become injury prone.
His 7 year deal runs out at the end of next year I believe.
Wouldn't change a thing given the impact on our Premiership years but the back end of his time with us again highlights that long term contracts don't usually come without some pain.

Fingers crossed he can still have an impact late in his career.
Gotta get him to 100 games minimum to claim any rights to possible sons.

As of right now the Gold Coast currently have dibs on them.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

The AFL would bend us over, like they did with Greens Grandson.
If Tom Green was a Collingwood's Grandson he would be in black and white.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

What is he on now? 88 games?
The way he is going he’ll need anotner 4 years on the list

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Happened right in front of me and I watched him the whole time after that - knew it looked bad, would have taken 4 games out on the spot. His strength and bullocking and smarts is so important, not just the goals. Soured the win and the final siren for me.
I want daily updates!

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
At the start of the year, i thought we had a chance of some success of Lynch and Dusty returned to something near their best. Sunday showed what a difference a firing Tom Lynch makes.

Reality is now, while Balta is out, almost any win we get will be a bonus.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Absolute garbage from The Football Gods.
Just crappola 101.

The Lynch Mob was just regaining his feet.
Started moving well around the ground.
Clunking marks on the lead, 50 Metre Goals.

Then this.

At end of Season 2024, PRE folk will consider our debt (3 Flags in 4 Years) repaid in Full, to You, the Gods of the higher echelon.
The repayments from 2021 to now have been brutal.

Especially forcing us to watch The Tartan Rugs, The Geriatrics, and The Carringbush win as unworthies.

Furthermore, PRE Brethren respectfully request as fair and just compensation for this heavy impost, starting 2025 onwards:

3 Flags in 3 Years!!!
(that's right Lords of Heaven, 3 in 3)

Thanks You Gods of Good Grace and Righteousness.
Godspeed.

ps.
Get well to Tommy.
Just keeps getting back up.

Embodiment of The Richmond Man.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Like we used every ounce of fortune during the dynasty and are now paying for it since.
I couldn’t believe our luck when Grimes held Betts’ arm when he was on the way to a probable goal during the 2nd quarter of the 2017 GF and it went unpaid.
Then Jack held someone and it went unpaid. Towner got held and it came up clear as day with our hi-vis yellow, while Dusty gave a sneaky tug of a Crow jumper in the goal square that was virtually invisible on dark blue.

So many little things ran our way that day, and we parlayed it into a dynasty.

I can only assume the footy gods were asleep on September 30 2017, and now they’re awake and p1ssed off.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I couldn’t believe our luck when Grimes held Betts’ arm when he was on the way to a probable goal during the 2nd quarter of the 2017 GF and it went unpaid.
Then Jack held someone and it went unpaid. Towner got held and it came up clear as day with our hi-vis yellow, while Dusty gave a sneaky tug of a Crow jumper in the goal square that was virtually invisible on dark blue.

So many little things ran our way that day, and we parlayed it into a dynasty.

I can only assume the footy gods were asleep on September 30 2017, and now they’re awake and p1ssed off.
Good call. Just watched the 2017 replay.

A couple of key frees they didn’t get and some gettable shots they missed and then their confidence was shot and we were all over them

Luck plays a part for sure. Getting roughly balanced frees is huge.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't compare Richards to Green
Not comparing the individual playing talent, just comparing the Colonwood grandson scenario to the Richmond grandson scenario. You do need to remember ziggity ziggity that the rule is in regard to only father son selections, nothing anywhere ever about grampa n grand kids.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Not comparing the individual playing talent, just comparing the Colonwood grandson scenario to the Richmond grandson scenario. You do need to remember ziggity ziggity that the rule is in regard to only father son selections, nothing anywhere ever about grampa n grand kids.
I wanted grandpa grandma selections.
Because we never get good FS anymore..
Bowden Richardson Naish Raines Roach??

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
How does Tom injure his hamstring 26 days ago on March 31st (and it certainly didn’t appear to be a major tear, he played for a while after the incident and didn’t even ice it after the game) and still be 10-12 weeks away? What am I missing here?