Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Balta looked real proppy right at the end of the game, did not look right.

Oh well, we will be missing our two key forwards for a decent stint and Baker might get suspended too.

We are *smile*.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Wow what a swift kick to the nuts after yesterdays euphoria.

This is strangely believable after Gibcus’s luck.

I guess we’ll have a fit top 5 pick, Gibcus, Lynch and Balta running around at the start of 25.

Last edited:

kenny

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014
Wow what a swift kick to the nuts after yesterdays euphoria.

This is strangely believable after Gibcus’s luck.

I guess we’ll have a fit top 5 pick, Gibcus, Lynch and Soldo running around at the start of 25.
Meanwhile those mangey cats two power forwards will play all year with no injuries . Makes me sick

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Can’t help collision injuries (Balta) & maybe Lynch was just unlucky or it’s the sign of an ageing star. So disappointing for each player and us as a team, especially so soon after Gibcus going down. No chance to build season momentum without our best players.

Regardless we rehab as quickly as possible and look at alternatives in structure in the meantime - maybe Ryan or Naismith comes in to play forward/ruck, Kosi maybe as another tall & Martin to have more of a permanent forward role. Might as well use this year as full development

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
To his credit the Big Ego said Lynch would be prone to soft tissue injuries.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Unbelievable. No Lynch and Balta for extended period of time. Who's gonna play forward?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Is it wrong that my mind went to whether we are going to get him to 100 games for the club?

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Interesting to note that Lynch did his foot last year
Round 4
Easter Saturday
Suggest he go on holidays for a week over Easter next year in 2025

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting to note that Lynch did his foot last year
Round 4
Easter Saturday
Suggest he go on holidays for a week over Easter next year in 2025
He'll probably still be out injured anyway .........................................................

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Is it wrong that my mind went to whether we are going to get him to 100 games for the club?
Nope its not its the same as Marlion if we can get any possible future talent tied to the club now as opposed to letting others poach them then its definitely worthwhile.

Tom played 131 games for the Goldens so theyve got dibs right now.

He has played 88 odd games for the RFC.

RFC can get him over the 100 mark but might not get him past the 131 for the Suns.

If the RFC get him to 100 or 101 then it becomes a choice of the player as opposed to automatic dibs from what my limited understanding is.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Nope its not its the same as Marlion if we can get any possible future talent tied to the club now as opposed to letting others poach them then its definitely worthwhile.

Tom played 131 games for the Goldens so theyve got dibs right now.

He has played 88 odd games for the RFC.

RFC can get him over the 100 mark but might not get him past the 131 for the Suns.

If the RFC get him to 100 or 101 then it becomes a choice of the player as opposed to automatic dibs from what my limited understanding is.
Pretty sure it’s a choice at any point over 100 games doesn’t matter if you play 101 for one team and 200 for another

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's taken a couple of day to get over the shock of this injury news.

Firstly & most importantly Lynch privately must be absolutely devastated after working so hard to get back from his foot injury. Hope he's got good support.

Secondly the excitement of having Lynch & Gibcus available this year (after long term injuries), has lasted only 4 rounds, only to fall to entirely unrelated long term injuries.
It's honestly just shockingly bizarre bad luck.

Finally Tom was playing so well on the weekend before this & played a pivotal part in the unexpected victory.
He was looking like he was starting to find his groove again & was providing a seriously difficult target for opposition defenders.

Now after missing what will effectively be two years of footy, I am starting to worry if we need to start thinking seriously about life beyond him given he's become injury prone.
His 7 year deal runs out at the end of next year I believe.
Wouldn't change a thing given the impact on our Premiership years but the back end of his time with us again highlights that long term contracts don't usually come without some pain.

Fingers crossed he can still have an impact late in his career.

Reactions: 4 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
It's taken a couple of day to get over the shock of this injury news.

Firstly & most importantly Lynch privately must be absolutely devastated after working so hard to get back from his foot injury. Hope he's got good support.

Secondly the excitement of having Lynch & Gibcus available this year (after long term injuries), has lasted only 4 rounds, only to fall to entirely unrelated long term injuries.
It's honestly just shockingly bizarre bad luck.

Finally Tom was playing so well on the weekend before this & played a pivotal part in the unexpected victory.
He was looking like he was starting to find his groove again & was providing a seriously difficult target for opposition defenders.

Now after missing what will effectively be two years of footy, I am starting to worry if we need to start thinking seriously about life beyond him given he's become injury prone.
His 7 year deal runs out at the end of next year I believe.
Wouldn't change a thing given the impact on our Premiership years but the back end of his time with us again highlights that long term contracts don't usually come without some pain.

Fingers crossed he can still have an impact late in his career.
Yeah it's a tough one to take.
Cut down arguably in his prime.
2022 Lynch was a sight to behold.

Glad what we saw during the teams peak and what he provided is enough for anyone but sad that we have potentially missed out on a genuine blue chip forward tearing sides to pieces.

Reactions: 2 users