Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Was brilliant last season & pivotal to our Premiership hopes. Here's hoping Tom has another great year or two in him yet.
Most ridiculous non AA equivalent to Dusty’s and vlaustins exclusions. Clearly per game was the best FF.

Kicked well. Best one on one / contested mark and good with goal assists too. Need to look past that last goal/behind.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
hope he kicks the ton next year
the forwards will be getting the ball into the fwd line way more with the quality in midfield, will certainly help the backline not being bombarded as much
We’re going in with a new game plan next season.
Tom merely a decoy.
Kick it to Dusty our plan A

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Soft tissue issues again in pre season let’s hope he doesn’t have more of them during the year to prevent us finals chances

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
We’re going in with a new game plan next season.
Tom merely a decoy.
Kick it to Dusty our plan A
I’d rather lynch in the forward at least he has a good goal ratio. Dusty who spends 80% mid/fed gets 1-2 goals we don’t need that as a permanent

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’d rather lynch in the forward at least he has a good goal ratio. Dusty who spends 80% mid/fed gets 1-2 goals we don’t need that as a permanent
With Taranto,Hopper, Prestia and Bolton in the middle, I’d suggest Dusty, who has missed a lot of football and is not getting any younger, will play forward a lot more than on ball.
Wouldn’t surprise to see him 70% forward. That’s 4 goals per game territory

Reactions: 1 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Plantar Fasciitis can be really tricky especially In heavy people.
He’s so damn important to us I hope they get on top of it..
Tom’s been seen in a moon boot and on crutches. Has he had surgery to release it? If so recovery is 3-6 weeks. Maybe they took that route rather than the conservative rest option?

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Tom’s been seen in a moon boot and on crutches. Has he had surgery to release it? If so recovery is 3-6 weeks. Maybe they took that route rather than the conservative rest option?
Can confirm, seen at Richmond pub yesterday with a few other boys.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Anyone? Lynch Pin didn’t dontime trial. Hope this isn’t one of those looong 3 weekers

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Anyone? Lynch Pin didn’t dontime trial. Hope this isn’t one of those looong 3 weekers
Been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis which is worse than one of those 3 weekers.

Apparently coming along favorably from what little info there has been.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Thanks. News seemed good today. Had a little post season Op on the foot and the new Fitness man seemed more than happy with how he is trekking, good news
Been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis which is worse than one of those 3 weekers.

Apparently coming along favorably from what little info there has been.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Just on Lynch, I'm told he did indeed have surgery before the break as he has been battling plantar fasciitis for some time.

The good news is the surgery should give him total relief from the PF issue, the bad news is he will struggle to get much work in over the pre-season and that makes the season that much harder.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Just on Lynch, I'm told he did indeed have surgery before the break as he has been battling plantar fasciitis for some time.

The good news is the surgery should give him total relief from the PF issue, the bad news is he will struggle to get much work in over the pre-season and that makes the season that much harder.
He is running laps and 100s now.
How long until he would return to full training?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Not worried about Lynch's fitness at all

He is a mature player with over 10 years of preseasons under his belt and is a pro athlete that looks after himself and his body
provided his surgery went well and no complications the next 2-3 weeks he will be quick to get to peak fitness

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
He is running laps and 100s now.
How long until he would return to full training?

Somewhere in the 6 - 10 week range post surgery he will be fully up and going.

Not worried about Lynch's fitness at all

He is a mature player with over 10 years of preseasons under his belt and is a pro athlete that looks after himself and his body
provided his surgery went well and no complications the next 2-3 weeks he will be quick to get to peak fitness

All very true but every player will say that without a decent pre-season their lives are that much harder in season.

Getting fit is easy but there's no substitute for the full conditioning and touch you get from doing the work.