Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

My nephew is a senior at Scotch and they recently held a charity walk of 24 hours duration through some tough terrain and heat.
The money raised is going to a Tiwi Islands fund.
Sounds like the school has embraced another Riolli. :clap

caesar said:
They never had Polo and Fencing at good old Mitcham Tech 30 odd years ago when I were at school ;D
That was my school too. around 18 yrs ago I drove past to show my daughter where I went to school, it has residential homes. A sad state.
Great times at the school, woodwork and sheet metal. Rolling the tractor down the bankment.

No 4 said:
That was my school too. around 18 yrs ago I drove past to show my daughter where I went to school, it has residential homes. A sad state.
Great times at the school, woodwork and sheet metal. Rolling the tractor down the bankment.

Same here , I went to Yarra Park Primary school and back in the day we could see Punt Road oval from our school backyard - Now its just a pile of concrete

No 4 said:

Ha ha! I sucked at woodwork and sheet metal and changed to business studies in year 9. Got the cuts/strap from a mean German, (Mr De-Brika), in sheet metal when I got caught playing soccer with some scrap metal in class, jeez he loved that bit of leather ;D

No 4 said:
I went to a high school, not a tech, but it too has been pulled down and is all residential/

caesar said:
Ha ha! I sucked at woodwork and sheet metal and changed to business studies in year 9. Got the cuts/strap from a mean German, (Mr De-Brika), in sheet metal when I got caught playing soccer with some scrap metal in class, jeez he loved that bit of leather ;D

Mr De- Brika and was it with Mrs Bird?

turk-d-tiger said:
Same here , I went to Yarra Park Primary school and back in the day we could see Punt Road oval from our school backyard - Now its just a pile of concrete

Crazy, that was my school too. Do you remember the Morris boys?

No 4 said:
Mr De- Brika and was it with Mrs Bird?

Rings a bell we must be about the same era No 4.

Alas, I'm guilty of sending my own thread off on a tangent we need some real Maurice JNR news to get it back on track

K3 said:
Crazy, that was my school too. Do you remember the Morris boys?

No dont remember them, I was there from 1971 - 1976 then went to Richmond tech where paddy guinane was our teacher and year 9 coordinator

caesar said:

Whenever you got sent to the office, you always hoped you'd get the VP Mr Burmeister. Legend. The deputy VC DeBrika on the other hand...

PE was the best...Miss Davidson :eek: !

Hes two drafts away or summat like that.

Will have 100 pages written on here before he even gets to the RFC ;D

caesar said:
Rings a bell we must be about the same era No 4.

Alas, I'm guilty of sending my own thread off on a tangent we need some real Maurice JNR news to get it back on track
Do you remember the huge Tech Drag Teacher, each week he would smash the wooden 3 ft ruler over Stephen Bell's behind. Such force!

No 4 said:
Do you remember the huge Tech Drag Teacher, each week he would smash the wooden 3 ft ruler over Stephen Bell's behind. Such force!

No, what about Eric the hippie Humanities teacher that made you call him by his first name rather than Mr and often did outdoor classes up behind the basket ball courts near Nunawading library rather than bloody teaching you anything. Can't believe I've forgotten her name but he was also more than chummy with a gorgeous blonde teacher and the rumors were rife :hearton

caesar said:
No, what about Eric the hippie Humanities teacher that made you call him by his first name rather than Mr and often did outdoor classes up behind the basket ball courts near Nunawading library rather than bloody teaching you anything. Can't believe I've forgotten her name but he was also more than chummy with a gorgeous blonde teacher and the rumors were rife :hearton
Could be after my time, don't remember Eric. What about Mr Powell (arts teacher) and the sexy teacher that rode the motorcycle.

No 4 said:
Could be after my time, don't remember Eric. What about Mr Powell (arts teacher) and the sexy teacher that rode the motorcycle.

Time to lay my cards on the table, i'm 54 so we probably have had 1 or 2 teachers overlap.

He's not really into the Shakespeare play they're studying at Scotch (Othello: didn't appreciate the Bard's prescient perpetuation of Moor stereotypes), and did well in geometry but feels trigonometry is unnecessarily complicated. He's a natural at art (particularly performance art) and has a deep appreciation of history. In science, he doesn't have a natural inclination towards chemistry: physics is more his thing. In biology he's doing an option on the potential of gene drives to rejuvenate species, using the tiger as a case study.