Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

WITH his cousin allready at richmond and the fact that his father played in a grand final with the tigers and that daniels a premiership player, hes a lock to be at the tigers, it does *smile* me to have the media ALWAYS SAYING RICHMOND AND FREMANTLE POSSIBLE FATHER SON, i might email the club and ask for the answer that we all think , rioli jnr is eligible only for tigers.

jokershoppe said:
WITH his cousin allready at richmond and the fact that his father played in a grand final with the tigers and that daniels a premiership player, hes a lock to be at the tigers, it does sh!t me to have the media ALWAYS SAYING RICHMOND AND FREMANTLE POSSIBLE FATHER SON, i might email the club and ask for the answer that we all think , rioli jnr is eligible only for tigers.

Think if he nominates us it gives us an advantage? i not over sure how that works with more than 1 club in the running.

Jonesracing82 said:
Think if he nominates us it gives us an advantage? i not over sure how that works with more than 1 club in the running.
Pretty sure Father/Son nominees have to agree to be drafted by the club before the club can draft them. Brisbane couldn't pick Marc Murphy (son of Fitzroy's John Murphy) because he didn't want to go there.

If a player doesnt not agree to be selected as a father son then he enters the draft like a normal player and any team can select him

I think it seems pretty obvious reading between the lines he will be nominating us , I wouldnt be too stressed over that part .

turk-d-tiger said:
If a player doesnt not agree to be selected as a father son then he enters the draft like a normal player and any team can select him
As long as he's not also under a clubs development zone. Would think there's going to be a few kids come through in the future that have two or three options at too where they might choose to go. Father son or club academy zones.

m jn wont qualify under a zone has its for non footy background or disadvantaged types,so that part wont be a worry.

jokershoppe said:
m jn wont qualify under a zone has its for non footy background or disadvantaged types,so that part wont be a worry.
A newspaper article recently mentioned Essendon had a claim to him under their tiwi islands zone. I think indigenous players count under the criteria you mentioned above.
That being said, i cant imagine he wont nominate the tigers.

I don't think the issue is whether he will nominate the Tiges, that's probably a certainty but whether he nominates either Freo or the Bombers too. We'd all likely wait till he was bid on then how does he decide, does he nominate all 3 and then say what his preference is 1,2,3?

Essendon would only have a claim on him if they can show that they have contributed to his development.

Clubs are able to nominate players well in advance of their draft year and they haven't nominated him yet.

With young Maurice now at school in Melbourne, it would be a tough sell for them to show that they have done anything with him.

If he's good enough, he'll be wearing yellow and black.

pokey said:
Essendon would only have a claim on him if they can show that they have contributed to his development.

Clubs are able to nominate players well in advance of their draft year and they haven't nominated him yet.

With young Maurice now at school in Melbourne, it would be a tough sell for them to show that they have done anything with him.

If he's good enough, he'll be wearing yellow and black.

Didn't stop GWS with Will Setterfield. Pretty sure he was at school in Melbourne, one of his parents lived in their zone and he played a practise match for them, so obviously they means they developed him.

mrposhman said:
Didn't stop GWS with Will Setterfield. Pretty sure he was at school in Melbourne, one of his parents lived in their zone and he played a practise match for them, so obviously they means they developed him.

I don't know what work they put into him, but Setterfield was on their books since the age of 13, so GWS had their eye on him for a long time. He's from Albury originally, so perhaps they showed how they swayed him towards AFL and away from other codes.

Brander is probably the better comparison and we know how that ended.

I guess we'll see in time, but I can't see Essendon getting their hands on our lad.

turk-d-tiger said:
No Chance he goes anywhere apart from Tigerland provided he is good enough and deserves a spot
I stand to be corrected on how the rules around him are but once he nominates us the others can bid but we can match? i could be wrong tho? not sure how it goes.

Jonesracing82 said:
I stand to be corrected on how the rules around him are but once he nominates us the others can bid but we can match? i could be wrong tho? not sure how it goes.

basically yes

Jonesracing82 said:
I tweeted P.Keane about this & he confirmed this is exactly how it works. He's a Tiger

Hes going to be a Tiger everyone else can gagf.

The son of the great Tiger Rioli !!

Danny boy will make sure he lands at Punt Road.

shad said:
After the fencing and polo seasons end.

They never had Polo and Fencing at good old Mitcham Tech 30 odd years ago when I were at school ;D