Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
D85 said:
He'll 100% get games throughout the season, this year is more about acclimating him and getting him settled in Vic

He was at Scotch last year so already settled.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
That's just what I was told. In 2019 he'll be playing in the NT, Scotch and for Oakleigh (and probably some other rep teams). Already had to deal with a few niggles from all of the travel and games

Ty Esler

"Mark Maclure can get stuffed"
May 10, 2005
caesar said:
A question for those experienced with TAC footy, at 16.5 years' of age should MRJ be expecting to play games with the Charges this year or is he only there for development? He is not named in the Okleigh Charges opening game on Sunday.

I am assuming there is only the one boys team and not another under aged team that he could be eligible for?

Kids who are on footballs scholarships to the big APS schools often don't play much TAC cup - priority is school footy

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
D85 said:
That's just what I was told. In 2019 he'll be playing in the NT, Scotch and for Oakleigh (and probably some other rep teams). Already had to deal with a few niggles from all of the travel and games
[/quote

Sounds like you're closer to than me, thanks.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Tigerdog said:
Good to see a couple of boys from my old high school on that list.

Btw why is APS called Associated PUBLIC schools? Wesley etc are all private schools aren't they?
They're public to anyone who can afford the bills.

Trinity amongst others are Grammer schools. Dunno the difference other than associations they compete against.

E

easy_tiger

MRJ played for NT V Suns u18 Academy the other day.

He was fairly quiet but laid 10 tackles

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
easy said:
MRJ played for NT V Suns u18 Academy the other day.

He was fairly quiet but laid 10 tackles

I went and watched MJR play on Sunday vs the Tassie Devils but didn't post as there wasn't much to get excited about :(

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
caesar said:
I went and watched MJR play on Sunday vs the Tassie Devils but didn't post as there wasn't much to get excited about :(

MJ is doing exactly what we instructed him to do ;)

We will get him with a 4th rounder

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Elmer said:
They're public to anyone who can afford the bills.

Trinity amongst others are Grammer schools. Dunno the difference other than associations they compete against.

APS has a mix of Grammar schools and Catholic schools.

Pretty sure AGS is just Grammar schools as ACC is just Catholic/Christian schools.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ghost of 29 said:
APS has a mix of Grammar schools and Catholic schools.

Pretty sure AGS is just Grammar schools as ACC is just Catholic/Christian schools.

The whole notion of APS schools being called "public" schools is a complete misnomer. They are anything but public. I suppose it relates back to some old British tradition.

Probably the easiest way to explain it is by the fees. If the fees are not at least 20K per year (most would be closer to $30K) then the school is not in the APS. The majority of them are Protestant based schools except for Xavier and St. Kevins which are the 2 highest fee Catholic boys schools in Melbourne.

AGS is very similar to APS in that they are also high fee Protestant schools except for Marcellin and Assumption which are mid level fee Catholic schools.

ACC is Catholic schools only (Associated Catholic Colleges) and fees are considerably less than APS or AGS schools; generally under 10K per year.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Ridley said:
The whole notion of APS schools being called "public" schools is a complete misnomer. They are anything but public. I suppose it relates back to some old British tradition.

Probably the easiest way to explain it is by the fees. If the fees are not at least 20K per year (most would be closer to $30K) then the school is not in the APS. The majority of them are Protestant based schools except for Xavier and St. Kevins which are the 2 highest fee Catholic boys schools in Melbourne.

AGS is very similar to APS in that they are also high fee Protestant schools except for Marcellin and Assumption which are mid level fee Catholic schools.

ACC is Catholic schools only (Associated Catholic Colleges) and fees are considerably less than APS or AGS schools; generally under 10K per year.

Plenty of non-APS schools charging fees >>$25k. St Michael’s, mount scopus - and of course plenty of girls’ schools. Trinity is AGS and $30k+

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
lukeanddad said:
Plenty of non-APS schools charging fees >>$25k. St Michael’s, mount scopus - and of course plenty of girls’ schools. Trinity is AGS and $30k+

True. I was only making the point that all APS schools have extremely high fees; that's not to say that other non-APS schools don't charge extremely high fees.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
easy said:
How do you explain 10% of them being Lachlan?
mate, I coached juniors in the inner east of Melbourne and 8 of the starting 18 were called Lachlan