Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Watched Da 5 Bloods on Netflix today, Spike Lee's latest film, and loved it. Better than Blackkklansman. It has a stunning performance from Delroy Lindo.

in the best three flicks I’ve seen this year, can’t talk it up enough.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The Lighthouse: I’d heard about this and was prepared not to like it. Slow 2 hander with Willem D and Robert Pattinson. Tested my patience a bit by the 3rd act but I pushed through. Didn’t love it but appreciated it more than I thought I was gunna. Glad I had the subbies on as I wouldn’t have had a clue what Willem Dafoe was saying half the time.

Class Action Park, a doco on Fox about a water theme park in New Jersey that was more famous for its poor safety record in injuring guests than anything else. Was interesting for a while but after about an hour dragged as there’s only so much you can handle of former staff members and guests just talking to camera telling stories of what it was like.

American Murder: this doco covered a missing wife story but the catch here was that they used all real footage from police body cam, Facebook videos and police interrogation room footage tp piece the story together as it progresses. I found it very interesting.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
David Attenboroughs “A life on our planet” on Netflix. Very good viewing. Simple but effective.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
“On the basis of sex” the biopic of Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Pretty bland and somewhat disappointing.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Disappointed to say the new Borat movie was very poor. I laughed once.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jesus, who was raving about Da 5 Bloods? Melodramatic, contrived, overacted, movie of the week.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Jesus, who was raving about Da 5 Bloods? Melodramatic, contrived, overacted, movie of the week.
Yeah - I didn't like it much. Started off as an interesting character drama and ended up another substandard shoot'em up action flick. B grade at best.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
For those like myself who are both interested and missed this...

I haven't had Amazon prime all that long and found this doco-movie from last year ..... no computer generated stuff here.... truly amazing historical footage!

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
For those like myself who are both interested and missed this...

I haven't had Amazon prime all that long and found this doco-movie from last year ..... no computer generated stuff here.... truly amazing historical footage!

Thanks aoc.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No good? I wanted to see it but it's $25 to stream.

I tried to watch it three times but just couldn't care about those people enough to last more than a half hour each time. Action sequences seemed good if you are into that.