Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Midsommer. Heck of a horror movie. Very creative & disturbing.

I just watched a great UK series called The Third Day, Jude Law, Naomi Harris, and creepy Celtic Druidic people on a small island... similar themes, check it out.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I just watched a great UK series called The Third Day, Jude Law, Naomi Harris, and creepy Celtic Druidic people on a small island... similar themes, check it out.
Watched the first three eps of that and found it quite average. Doubt I’ll continue with the rest of it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Watched the first three eps of that and found it quite average. Doubt I’ll continue with the rest of it.
I think the second story is weaker although it connects to the first so fair enough.

I really liked the psychedelic sequences in the first episodes.

There's also a 12 hour single-take film "Autumn" that bridges the Summer and Winter episode sequences. Apparently it's pretty amazing but thats too much even for me.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watched 'The Dig' on Netflix lastnight. .. might be a bit slow paced for some but I found the subject fascinating. .. (had me googling archeological stuff at all hours!) Based on a 1939 dig in Britain with a bit of mayo on it no doubt.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Dark Water with Mark Ruffalo. Another true story about a lawyer who takes on big business (DuPont) who have been poisoning a water supply causing death and cancer etc.

Very good.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watched 'The Dig' on Netflix lastnight. .. might be a bit slow paced for some but I found the subject fascinating. .. (had me googling archeological stuff at all hours!) Based on a 1939 dig in Britain with a bit of mayo on it no doubt.
Just thought I'd share the following link for anyone interested. ...

***Spoiler Alert*** Don't read it if you intend to watch the movie!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watched the disaster film Greenland on Amazon Prime.
Decent apocalyptic popcorn movie that had good special effects & at times genuine drama.
Worth watching if you're after a bit of light B grade entertainment.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I watched One Night In Miami on Amazon Prime last night. Based on the play based on the true story of friends Jim Brown, Malcolm X and Sam Cooke celebrating with Cassius Clay the night he won the world championship from Sonny Liston. The acting is a bit wooden to begin with but warms up as passions rise. A real slice of history, four young black legends-to-be, their passions and politics in the one place in that tumultuous time. Coincidentally, today is Jim Brown's 85th birthday.