NBA 2013-214 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NBA 2013-214

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Yes amazing by Delly loving it. Charles Barkley must have mounds of egg on his face right now. Hope Delly keeps it up and Cavs win the series

AMPS

Tiger Rookie
Mar 26, 2015
mainlandy said:
Yes amazing by Delly loving it. Charles Barkley must have mounds of egg on his face right now. Hope Delly keeps it up and Cavs win the series

Shows you talent only gets you so far. I'm a warriors fan but I would love to see this guy win a ring. What an example for being ready to play this bloke is. He has obvious talent but he backs it up with a relentless will. When you've got Lebron wrapping you up you're doing ok.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Delly was awesome.

Even with a 20-point deficit, the Warriors got back within one. Not sure Delly can be that good offensively again (20 points) but the Cavs collectibely are doing a great job harassing the hell out of Curry, withh Delly leading the charge.

I thought that turnover late in the game when LeBron knocked the ball out of Curry's hands and Delly dived on it should have been a foul on James. He took out Curry's legs.

Great series, hope it goes the distance. Warriors in 7.

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
spook said:
Delly was awesome.

Even with a 20-point deficit, the Warriors got back within one. Not sure Delly can be that good offensively again (20 points) but the Cavs collectibely are doing a great job harassing the hell out of Curry, withh Delly leading the charge.

I thought that turnover late in the game when LeBron knocked the ball out of Curry's hands and Delly dived on it should have been a foul on James. He took out Curry's legs.

Great series, hope it goes the distance. Warriors in 7.
I agree l thought it was a foul too.Great game by David Lee for a player who has had so little court time for what seems most of the season.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Have been a Cavs fan since the old Pistons-Bulls days in the late 80s early 90s.

The amazing thing about the NBA is the championship tally. So few teams with multiple triumphs. Celtics, Lakers, daylight, Spurs, Bulls, daylight.

Knicks always the bridesmaids.

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Carter said:
Have been a Cavs fan since the old Pistons-Bulls days in the late 80s early 90s.

The amazing thing about the NBA is the championship tally. So few teams with multiple triumphs. Celtics, Lakers, daylight, Spurs, Bulls, daylight.

Knicks always the bridesmaids.
How did you feel when LeBron left to go to Miami?

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Good answer today from the Warriors.I don't think Bogut will be getting much court time for the rest of the finals.Bogut needs to work on the offensive side of his game in the off season.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
casper68 said:
How did you feel when LeBron left to go to Miami?

Actually I didn't think we had the roster to go all the way at the time, so was philosophical about it.

But now? They've just got that collective magic about them.

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Carter said:
Actually I didn't think we had the roster to go all the way at the time, so was philosophical about it.

But now? They've just got that collective magic about them.
To have 2 stars out injured and still be competitive in the finals says a lot about this Cavs team.

AMPS

Tiger Rookie
Mar 26, 2015
Tigers of Old said:
Curry's class has risen as the series has gone on. Delly's weaknesses shown up bigtime today.

Yep. His dribble penetration & shooting skills are not up to NBA finals level. He's a fighter but imagine a Westbrook/James combo.

The better team is in front now.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Curry's class has risen as the series has gone on. Delly's weaknesses shown up bigtime today.

Delly is preforming at exactly the level he should. He's a backup undrafted point guard. What he has produced in the playoffs is way over what people should expect. The 19 or 20 point games are peak Delly. Curry as the MVP should be destroying him, tonight's good should be the Curry standard. Shouldn't be getting all the wraps for blowing up Delly. No shame in Delly's game or efforts.

The real winner is Lebron. He is going at a level that very few if any have ever gone at. Playing without his two best teammates. Imagine the Warriors without Klay & Draymond Green. Series would be over if the reverse applied. Phenomenal effort by LBJ to get it to six games. And Lebron is getting nothing from the refs. Constant drives to the basket and he is getting stuff all free throws.

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
SCOOP said:
Delly is preforming at exactly the level he should. He's a backup undrafted point guard. What he has produced in the playoffs is way over what people should expect. The 19 or 20 point games are peak Delly. Curry as the MVP should be destroying him, tonight's good should be the Curry standard. Shouldn't be getting all the wraps for blowing up Delly. No shame in Delly's game or efforts.

The real winner is Lebron. He is going at a level that very few if any have ever gone at. Playing without his two best teammates. Imagine the Warriors without Klay & Draymond Green. Series would be over if the reverse applied. Phenomenal effort by LBJ to get it to six games. And Lebron is getting nothing from the refs. Constant drives to the basket and he is getting stuff all free throws.
Great comment Lebron has been amazing.Lebron is in my top 3 players of the last 30 years and these finals have me questioning my top 3 order.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
SCOOP said:

I agree with you on LeBron, but Curry deserves the wraps. Even today, Delly's defence was good, it's just Curry made some ridiculous shots. A couple of his threes in the last were genius.

casper68 said:
Great comment Lebron has been amazing.Lebron is in my top 3 players of the last 30 years and these finals have me questioning my top 3 order.
I was just thinking that. As unthinkable as it once was that anyone would be, LeBron deserves to be in the conversation with Jordan.

Who's your No.3? Magic for me.

My All-Star 5:
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
spook said:
I agree with you on LeBron, but Curry deserves the wraps. Even today, Delly's defence was good, it's just Curry made some ridiculous shots. A couple of his threes in the last were genius.
I was just thinking that. As unthinkable as it once was that anyone would be, LeBron deserves to be in the conversation with Jordan.

Who's your No.3? Magic for me.

My All-Star 5:
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal
Yeah Magic was the first player who made me love the NBA.Pretty good top 5, someone else who would go close to being top 5 would be Kareem his hook shot was amazing.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
casper68 said:
Yeah Magic was the first player who made me love the NBA.Pretty good top 5, someone else who would go close to being top 5 would be Kareem his hook shot was amazing.
Yes, but I only did it on my time of watching. Hakeem Olajuwon or David Robinson could replace Shaq, in fact on reflection I'll put The Dream in at centre instead.

Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon