Number One Priority - Draft a Ruckman | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Number One Priority - Draft a Ruckman

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Broders said:
Well the RFC doesn't believe we need a ruckman. They just re-signed Hampson for another 2 years.

What the hell are we doing?
think we'll find we are in the hunt for one & they'll be deputy to Hammer until they can push him out of the #1 spot.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
We would have been far better off with two chances to find a ruck. Now we have Hampson and one chance. Appalling decision to re-sign him. One year rookie spot would have been all I would offer and that would have been as good as he would have been given elsewhere.
Why do we panic sign so many mediocre players?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Don't agree, every draft should be treated on it's merits. Grundy would have been a much wiser selection than Vlastuin.

Don't benchmark off Vlastuin, bully. ;D

Yeah. You brained the Grundy selection. :thumbs. You were vocal.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
achillesjones said:
We would have been far better off with two chances to find a ruck. Now we have Hampson and one chance. Appalling decision to re-sign him. One year rookie spot would have been all I would offer and that would have been as good as he would have been given elsewhere.
Why do we panic sign so many mediocre players?
who do you suggest plays in front of him should we not land or, or if we do & he gets injured while Hammer is stuck on the rookie list?

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
I really think we should go hard after Toby Nankervis from the Swans. He is only 22 years old, 199cm, 106kg and seems to enjoy getting involved in the play and throwing his weight around. I can really see him developing into a Shane Mumford type enforcer in a few years.

Given he is Sydney's 4th ruckman behind Tippett, Sinclair and Naismith he should be get able. I know some believe we are chasing Daw and but I reckon there is more upside to Nankervis.

It is vitally important that we get some quality into our stocks and this bloke could be our number one ruckman for the next 6 years or more.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Broders said:
I really think we should go hard after Toby Nankervis from the Swans. He is only 22 years old, 199cm, 106kg and seems to enjoy getting involved in the play and throwing his weight around. I can really see him developing into a Shane Mumford type enforcer in a few years.

Given he is Sydney's 4th ruckman behind Tippett, Sinclair and Naismith he should be get able. I know some believe we are chasing Daw and but I reckon there is more upside to Nankervis.

It is vitally important that we get some quality into our stocks and this bloke could be our number one ruckman for the next 6 years or more.

Yes i really like him, he might be gettable too if he is dropped when Tippett is fit.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nankervis has been dropped for Tippett, a phone call should be made to his manager, he goes alright this fella. He got 8 contested possessions and five clearances last week along with 24 hit outs.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
This bloke should be our number 1 ruck target.

An aggressive ruckman who is still only 22 years old.

I hope Blair hasn't been spending all his time talking to a 30 year old hack from Collingwood who may have 3 possibly 4 good games left in him instead of talking to Nankervis who could solve our ruck deficiency for the next 5 to 7 years.

This year is shaping as a definitive year for Dan, Francis and Blair. They could go some way to redemption or Centrelink depending on the decisions they make this trade/draft.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Interesting to look back at this topic, there were quite a few who wanted Nankervis, well done, he's going to be a beauty.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nankervis has been dropped for Tippett, a phone call should be made to his manager, he goes alright this fella. He got 8 contested possessions and five clearances last week along with 24 hit outs.
Excuse my self indulgence, but I wonder whether Blair or Francis were reading the posts from us Nankervis fans in 2016.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Naismith has impressed me too, but he's pretty much 4th in line so may well be open to a move. He will be behind Tippett and Sinclair and it seems Nankervis too.

If and when Maric retires (and it surely will be this year), then we must bring someone else in. I think the list we'd probably look at with ages (at start of next year) and games next to them.

Naismith (SYD) - 24 - 6 games
Nankervis (SYD) - 22 - 10 games
Vardy (GEE) - 25 - 25 games
Daw (NTH) - 25 - 21 games
Downie (GWS) - 23 - 9 games
Nicholls (GCS) - 24 - 45 games
Lycett (WCE) - 24 - 44 games

Who else might we be interested in?

Trust in Blair.

I'm glad he went with 1 off this list and I'm also glad that we didn't go for any of the majority duds in this list!!

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We have been good recruiting ready made ruckman. We had too because we were soo shiit at developing them. *Ottens dosent count he was a gun the minute he arrived.
The best 5, Nakas, Stafford, Maric, Simmonds and Knoble

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
We have been good recruiting ready made ruckman. We had too because we were soo shiit at developing them. *Ottens dosent count he was a gun the minute he arrived.
The best 5, Nakas, Stafford, Maric, Simmonds and Knoble
Developing ruckmen is for suckers.