Number One Priority - Draft a Ruckman | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Number One Priority - Draft a Ruckman

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Unless an opportunity emerges, I'd roll the dice and back our Soldo-less division. You can take Nank to the bank barring injury, and Chol, Miller and CJ all a year older. If the worst case scenario happens, injury to Nank and the backups get injured or don't fire, there is the mid season draft.

But I have complete faith in Blair and co. Cool as cucumbers.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Mate Colina commences his AFL career
next March. He is 7 foot tall. He is a mature body and is a multitalented professional sportsman.
Enough said.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
next March. He is 7 foot tall. He is a mature body and is a multitalented professional sportsman.
Enough said.
He won't be at Richmond until 2022.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Thought I read something recently on an AFL list site that suggested it was in March 21?
Even so, this is the time for Chol and later CJ to shine if they are good enough.
Some risk but with Colina and Soldo co becoming available in 22, wouldn’t be considering another at least until mid season.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
We don't need any rucks.

I Nank (and we) is/are better when he plays sole ruck.
2. If Nank falls over Balta will excite us all.
3. CCJ is a ripper, 2 metre natural ruck who amasses high teens possessions and can take a grab back or forward ( needs to work on goal kicking)
4. If we get down to Chol we can console ourselves that we've won 3 flags in 4 years and it was good while it lasted!

PS Soldo hopefully right to go in 22.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Enough said.
Don't believe that is the case? Colina is just coming in March for a bit of training during his basketball hiatus, will be with us in 2022 probably only if his basketball career doesn't work out?
I feel like we are his insurance policy and my 5 minute grab of watching him at PRO other than be tall he would be a long shot to make it.

The Category B Rookie will next join his Richmond teammates following the conclusion of his upcoming basketball season with the University of Hawaii. The season spans from November to March.

“Right now, I’m laser-focused on my journey and studies, and following my dreams with basketball and what I am passionate in, but down the line I will take it all as it comes,” he said.

“I will come back down to the Club during my summer break which will allow me to immerse myself in an elite professional environment.”

PS. Geelong on the other hand have Category B'd Australian Basketball prodigy the "Greek Freak' who has turned his back on basketball as his passion is footy, Mate the other way around by the sound of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Don't believe that is the case? Colina is just coming in March for a bit of training during his basketball hiatus, will be with us in 2022 probably only if his basketball career doesn't work out?
I feel like we are his insurance policy and my 5 minute grab of watching him at PRO other than be tall he would be a long shot to make it.

The Category B Rookie will next join his Richmond teammates following the conclusion of his upcoming basketball season with the University of Hawaii. The season spans from November to March.

“Right now, I’m laser-focused on my journey and studies, and following my dreams with basketball and what I am passionate in, but down the line I will take it all as it comes,” he said.

“I will come back down to the Club during my summer break which will allow me to immerse myself in an elite professional environment.”

PS. Geelong on the other hand have Category B'd Australian Basketball prodigy the "Greek Freak' who has turned his back on basketball as his passion is footy, Mate the other way around by the sound of it.
Thanks for that.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bump

There's diamonds in the rough.

To be read in conjunction with the Rucking Hell thread.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
We have plenty of ruckmen

Soldo will be better for a proper pre season and Ryan could be anything

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
I like the look of Miller at the centre bounces. He is able to palm the ball to a spot.
Nank looks like he just wants to touch the ball first at the centre bounces without much thought of where it goes.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I'm with spook I'd draft Isaac Keeler. Have a look at him on the YT.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
mids have got to be our priority for trade - its our biggest weakness