Pick 12 discussion. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 discussion.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
smokin joe said:
Liked Ah Chee highlights, is very small at 71 kg
Not sure it will be Dimmas style for first round pick
Think they will go for a solid midfielder

Its time we broke the mould of picking flankers and go for Xfactor that can turn the game

DLR

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 13, 2015
kendo said:
Worst highlight package I've ever seen

Know what you mean Kendo, it's less about the boy - more about what was cobbled together. WIP.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
smokin joe said:
Liked Ah Chee highlights, is very small at 71 kg
Not sure it will be Dimmas style for first round pick
Think they will go for a solid midfielder

Totally agreed. They won't risk it.
I heard they won't risk it because of the "go home" factor and they are preparing themselves (hoping) to pick up Mathieson

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
zippadeee said:
I heard they won't risk it because of the "go home" factor and they are preparing themselves (hoping) to pick up Mathieson

Too bad they didn't have the same philosophy before the 2010 draft.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Callum Ah Chee is the player that i would like at the club, Still a baby but will become a 200+ Game player

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
WesternTiger said:
A bit of talk we might go Ryan Burton. Options?

Another key forward. I doubt it. McBean & Mckenzie already waiting in the twos.
If they did go for a forward, Weideman would be the one I think.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
WesternTiger said:
A bit of talk we might go Ryan Burton. Options?
Imho WT this draft looks foot soldier types, Burton apparently is super talented and is slipping due to the leg/ knee , I'd take the punt on the talented kid over most of the others and hope for a Stringer type outcome

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
CC TIGER said:
Imho WT this draft looks foot soldier types, Burton apparently is super talented and is slipping due to the leg/ knee , I'd take the punt on the talented kid over most of the others and hope for a Stringer type outcome

I like the thinking normally and in the past we would normally take the best available which you need to do when you are building the list, but I think now we have a very solid team and I believe our strategy should be to fill the few holes we have (big inside extractor, small goal kicker) - Hawks do it through trades which we haven't managed to do yet

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
zippadeee said:
Totally agreed. They won't risk it.

Mathieson WTF :pullhair
Why would we use pick 12 on him maybe our later pick yes
Sure Mathieson gets the inside ball but his looping handballs out to no-one is poor. He doesnt take the game on just gives the ball off mostly never hitting a target
Can he hit a target ?
Watch the highlight package and youll see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4tLObz2yb4

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
btoz_01 said:
Sure Mathieson gets the inside ball but his looping handballs out to no-one is poor. He doesnt take the game on just gives the ball off mostly never hitting a target
Can he hit a target ?

I dont think they are highlights, rather footage of every involvement he had during the championships. There is footage of him kicking it out of bounds on the full so surely this is the case!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Lets hope that Burton is the slider with his injuries and slides all the way to #48/#47

#12 - Callum Ah Chee
#48 - Ryan Burton

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
btoz_01 said:
Can he hit a target ?

I've no idea what type of player Mathieson is. But I've heard that the clubs first presence this year is a inside mid. The only one I've heard is Mathieson.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Burton whilst an obvious risk is a huge talent. Will we take the risk ???

I am comfortable with him and the risk or Ah Chee (mark my words he will be a great player in time).

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
zippadeee said:
I've no idea what type of player Mathieson is. But I've heard that the clubs first presence this year is a inside mid. The only one I've heard is Mathieson.

Inside mid ok. As long as its not Mathieson at pick 12 :smash

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Ive always wanted a bigger mid so I still like Oliver but gee I'm warming to Jade Gresham. He's another freaky deaky xfactor indigenous player ala Edwards. In his interviews and highlights he just seems to have that air about him that shows no fear or lack of confidence so don't be fooled by height or lack there of cause he just goes 100mile an hour - That's 160km for you kids. Point of difference between he and Ah Chee is no go home factor!