Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

We've Jay Schulzed this guy enough. Not really in favour of moving him around at the risk of damaging his confidence.

Reactions: 8 users
Played well today I thought all things considered with the amount of avalanche the backs saw especially from the second half of the second querter.
Agree. Was good on Membrey, then when he had to go to King, he quieted him down after he got off the leash on Young.

Reactions: 2 users
Another reasonably good game from Ben. Did what was asked of him and showed he can keep gorilla's quiet today so I don't understand why he was pulled off King and replaced with Young.
Time we had a Ben Bandwagon!

Reactions: 1 user
Miller was great again. Thought Yze got the match ups wrong. Miller should have been on Borat.

Reactions: 5 users
Agree. Was good on Membrey, then when he had to go to King, he quieted him down after he got off the leash on Young.

Agree he had a good game, had Membrey in his pocket. I have no concerns with this guy, have more concerns over Young personally.

Reactions: 3 users
Are our eyes deceiving us??? Is Ben "Please Capuano Me I Don't Really Want To Play Football" Minson becoming a... *gasp* ...footballer?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Not sure what the surprise is with Miller. He held his own as a KPD in 2021 before Dimma tried to turn him into a KFP/Ruck. He's just picking up where he left off in 2021.

Reactions: 8 users
Not sure what the surprise is with Miller. He held his own as a KPD in 2021 before Dimma tried to turn him into a KFP/Ruck. He's just picking up where he left off in 2021.
That's it BrisT. You are clearly president of the Minson bus.

I thought Minson was a little down on his usual brilliant best. All numbers down and a little bit of a fumble once.

That said he looks miles better when he plays higher. The bloke is a CHB who can use.

Reactions: 4 users
Miller might be a long time prospect in the backline.
The longer Young stays in the best 22 we will struggle.
Laconic, lethargic and lazy.
Gave King 3 metres, always behind. We were lucky the umpires didn't pay more holding frees.

Why would they pay holding frees? I thought they abolished that rule, if I see 30 seconds of any game without a player holding another player who is not in possession of the ball I figure play must have stopped.

Back on topic - Miller has taken great strides and is looking like a decent footballer and a good defender. He has been unconvincing for years and it is great to see the improvement. FFS don't move him around the ground, it is finally working for him.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
Couldn’t have expected anymore from Big Ben. In fact it is more than I expected

Good on him.

Assuming Gibbo comes back ok I can see Miller staying in the team and playing the Astbury role. Maybe he isn’t as good as DTLD but he is doing a good impression of him atm.

Reactions: 10 users
Was a bit surprised to be honest that Yze preferred Gibcus over Miller in the early rounds. Gibcus will be a good player I'm sure, but he's still a skinny kid who missed an entire year injured. Would have made more sense to play Miller and Young and ease Gibcus back into the side without the pressure of playing on the likes of King and McKay straight away which could well have led to his ACL.

Reactions: 3 users
Was a bit surprised to be honest that Yze preferred Gibcus over Miller in the early rounds. Gibcus will be a good player I'm sure, but he's still a skinny kid who missed an entire year injured. Would have made more sense to play Miller and Young and ease Gibcus back into the side without the pressure of playing on the likes of King and McKay straight away which could well have led to his ACL.
Whilst i get the sentiment Harry I don't think him coming back straight away had anything to do with his ACL injury. He flew for the ball and landed badly. Could have happened in any game at any time.

Reactions: 5 users