Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Doesn’t seem to be a one grab mark. Even yesterday when he took marks on his own they were double grabs. You can’t do that in a contested situation because it gets knocked away. Don’t know if that is a confidence thing or not but needs to grab them first time.
Well he took 6 marks, 1 contested. That’s a fair start.
Im sure i saw take at least one one grabber

A substandard first quarter but grew into the game well taking some good marks and ball use. He can play so all we want now is more aggression and confidence

Reactions: 3 users
Tried hard by making contests in the air, doubt we will ever see a killer instinct. Low footy IQ.

Reactions: 1 user
Huge step forward, played with intent, looked invested. Cannot question the effort.

Reactions: 13 users
The crowd gave him a big cheer in the 3rd quarter because they recognised he was doing what we expect all our Key position players to do - compete! In every contest!

He didn't win a heap of footy and I'm not sure he confested a centre bounce ruck contest in the last quarter at all, but he was more involved around the ground, used his body and got his hands to the ball. That's the least we expect from him and its fair to say he did it well.

Good game and I hope he takes some confidence from it.

Reactions: 10 users
Did some very useful things tonight.
Plonked forward, back and rucking. Filled some holes, showed more intent and willingness to throw his body around at times. Played his role tonight.

Still miles of improvement in him (if willing) and a big dose of self confidence. The coaching staff must see something in him to keep him on the list for so long. He just has to keep working on his game to fulfil that belief.

Reactions: 7 users
Burst away easily from Ollie Henry with ball in hand.

That's the thing, he's quite skilled and agile for a tall guy. Just lacks the *smile* that many other players his size have. If he can maintain the sort of contested game he did tonight he'll be a 100+ game player.

Marc Blicavs. Gerald Ceglar. We're not talking about Bailey J Williams. Ben Minson levelled up in R9.

For two weeks now urgency up. Repeat efforts up. Aerial endeavour up.

Hitting targets? If they were in a sideshow Minson would never miss. But on a football ground Minson won't even aim for one.

You can't fail if you don't try. Fail, Ben. Fail.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Played well and competed which is what we all ask for. I didn't realise he has that much toe.

Did some very useful things tonight.
Plonked forward, back and rucking. Filled some holes, showed more intent and willingness to throw his body around at times. Played his role tonight.

Still miles of improvement in him (if willing) and a big dose of self confidence. The coaching staff must see something in him to keep him on the list for so long. He just has to keep working on his game to fulfil that belief.
you can't take away his efforts. If he kicked that goal on the run???????

Bart Hardwick is a graduate of Sheedy College. Sheeds had this ungainly useless spud who couldn't run, kick, mark or handball, but he kept playing him, game after game, year after year, to the wails and gnashes from the Windy Hill outer. Bit by bit, Kevin Walsh slowly became a footballer. Freed up Daniher and Merrett. Allowed Billy Duckworth to go forward in the second half of the 84 granny and win the Norm Smith. Did some big jobs. Played for Victoria. Ben Minson is far more talented. But Walsh never didn't try and repaid the coach's faith and trust. Ben still to earn Dimma's.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Ben did very well bringing ball to ground in our front half.

It was a much improved effort and was very pleasing to see.

He has some versatility which will do him well in his career.

Liked his game. Competed hard and played with intensity which you couldn't say about some of the other games he's played. That's the baseline for him. He has the physical attributes to be a handy player; needs to master the mental side of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users