Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Couple of ripper little plays from Big Ben today , however just not good enough , I see zero point in playing him , we have other kids who would benefit greatly getting games and I think Miller would be a beauty for the kids in the twos

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
That first qtr effort

effort who made no effort to
Couple of ripper little plays from Big Ben today , however just not good enough , I see zero point in playing him , we have other kids who would benefit greatly getting games and I think Miller would be a beauty for the kids in the twos
Agreed. Doesn’t know how to use his body in a marking contest, no aggression and useless defensively. 15% potential 85% non output

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Needs to find a bit of mongrel, lock him in a phone box with Jake King for 5 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Keep playing him . He showed nice skills when he had the ball today and is a good mover.
play him on a wing.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Between him and Sampson they fit the criteria of Richmond recruiting.
Soft and no body contact.
But they come from a good family

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Just doesn’t compete hard enough for me. Had high hopes after last year. But this year he’s gone backwards again and he’d probably be delist for me now.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
When he does something he goes ok, issue is he doesnt do something very often. I thought he competed ok at times, but his mind set is clearly on stopping his opponent from marking the ball.

I reckon play him in the vfl at full forward for a few weeks and tell him he needs to take 10 marks and kick 5 goals or his career is over. probably wont achieve anything, but at some stage his going to need to learn to actually try to mark the ball, or they should shift back to the backline and leave him there.

• Love

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Agree with a lot of the posters.
Actually reminds of Tyronius Vickery.
Not in style of play but how they can be on the ground and basically be invisible for an hour or longer.
Just doesn't impact.
Can't be good for 5 percent of the game then do nothing for remainder.
Our list suddenly looks like swisss cheese.
Holes everywhere.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
When the game started and he lined up on Aliir, I was a bit excited. With Marlion tagging Rozee and I thought Miller tagging Aliir I thought we'd done our homework and it was showing that mini valued the tag as Dimma never liked it.

I thought it was a good option to have Miller on Aliir, athletic like him, taller than Aliir. I thought it was a smart move, Miller as a defensive forward and Ryan / Nank sharing the ruck and Jack probably gets a better match up on McKenzie, and then 5 mins in it was clear that wasn't the plan with Miller unfortunately.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Old skool from B17
Crazy hey?

Miller probably will always be a limited footballer who has low impact, but maybe giving him encouragement to actually go for his marks might turn him from a 5 disposal player to an 10 disposal player. At this stage it cant hurt.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Crazy hey?

Miller probably will always be a limited footballer who has low impact, but maybe giving him encouragement to actually go for his marks might turn him from a 5 disposal player to an 10 disposal player. At this stage it cant hurt.
Old skool encouragement! Do this or your sacked!