Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Funky's best game for the year, coming off a fairly low base, but he improved which is what's important.

Absolutely loved his long running shot at the deep forward pocket late in the game. Took off through the midfield, ran his full measure, had absolutely nothing in front of him so rather than risk the behind or mop up and rebound to the Moggies checked on the kick and intentionally missed the scoring zone allowing us to lock the ball forward and set up for a ruck contest.
Funky's got think happening.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If Ben Minson were Jayden Short's size we'd laud his cleanness at ground level, composure, decision-making and elite use (two lace-out score assists so far today). But Ben Capuano is Matthew Capuano's size and so we expect him to occasionally put his hands above his head when the ball is in the air near him. Maybe even jump at it once in a while.

Did I say expect? I meant hope. Against hope.

Put your *smile* hands, up Ben. It's the only way to take an overhead mark. Jump. Try it, you *smile* CapuMinson.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
He makes space though. Very good in close. I reckon there’s something to persevere with.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We should play him as a small. Because he's *smile* tiny.

Wait, no. That would let him off the hook.

You're 198cm, Ben. Has anyone told you?

• Haha

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
It’s not that Ben has failed to make the grade that is the problem here, most draftees don’t. The problem is we have given him 6 years so far and contracted him for one more when it was obvious he wasn’t cutting it after four.

We should be giving someone else the opportunities we are currently giving Miller.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Does Ben 'Tiny' Minsuano think he's so small that no one notices his complete refusal to compete for air balls? To raise two arms above his head in the direction of the Sherrin? Does he think he's so small that he will be excused for failing to even fight for position, to even try to hold his ground? Does he think we'll say, 'Poor Tiny, it's not his fault he gets brushed aside by Trent McKenzie, after all he is so much smaller than everyone else out there'?

Can he go live with Liam Baker for a while?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Does Ben 'Tiny' Minsuano think he's so small that no one notices his complete refusal to compete for air balls? To raise two arms above his head in the direction of the Sherrin? Does he think he's so small that he will be excused for failing to even fight for position, to even try to hold his ground? Does he think we'll say, 'Poor Tiny, it's not his fault he gets brushed aside by Trent McKenzie, after all he is so much smaller than everyone else out there'?

Can he go live with Liam Baker for a while?

spook you are on a roll, keep it going son

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As the game wore on he should've been shifted down back, with Young to play a defensive role on Allir Allir. Miller has played........ok footy as a defender.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I've seen him clunk some big one grab marks, kick long goals, and use the ball really well for a bloke 6ft 6.
Problem is, he never does them them all in the same game.