Poll on Twilight Grand Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll on Twilight Grand Final

Do You Want to See a Twilight Grand Final (5:00pm First Bounce)?

• Total voters

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Pre-game BBQ and drinks with family and friends. Daytime GF. It's the culture, the history, the tradition, ... it's the vibe.

Twilight just won't cut it!

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Banning the bounce, twilight GF, what next....a round ball?

Leave the &*%#ing game alone!

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Ian4 said:
the NRL GF consistently gets higher TV ratings than the AFL GF... and that's not even a national sport.

So the football following public should be concerned about channel 7's ratings slipping behind channel 9's?

Spare me.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Voted no. Why?

The G is full to capacity on GF day, so why this constant desire by some to change everything about our game, be it this or rules or interchange or whatever.

For those unable, for whatever reason, to go to the GF, so many throughout the country watch on telly and some even have a barbie afterwards, with a few coldies to celebrate or cry.

Leave the game alone.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I lived in Sydney for 2 years and being honest, I think the build up and evening BBQ gatherings for their Grand Final seemed more fun.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
graystar1 said:
Voted no. Why?

The G is full to capacity on GF day, so why this constant desire by some to change everything about our game, be it this or rules or interchange or whatever.

For those unable, for whatever reason, to go to the GF, so many throughout the country watch on telly and some even have a barbie afterwards, with a few coldies to celebrate or cry.

Leave the game alone.

There are many people (cafes, retail, tradies) who work on Saturday afternoon, with others playing sport during the day. No idea what the impact is, but I would have thought an extra half million viewers in Oz?

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Baloo said:
I lived in Sydney for 2 years and being honest, I think the build up and evening BBQ gatherings for their Grand Final seemed more fun.

Baloo, I agree with you.

Also, the NRL pre match entertainment is much better, as is the fact they have lead up games on the day.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
No.

Shove off and give yourself a bleach colonic you corporate parasites. What the hell are you hiding this time with your deflection from the acceptance of drugs, cheating, and everything corrupt, that is the modern AFL?

Must be a smell emanating from some part that needs sweeping under the carpet.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
YinnarTiger said:
So the football following public should be concerned about channel 7's ratings slipping behind channel 9's?

Spare me.

the AFL would be. it is absolute fact that the potential TV audience would increase for a twilight GF compared to an afternoon GF as people are more likely to have commitments in the afternoon (be it work, errands, family stuff, etc).

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ian4 said:
the AFL would be. it is absolute fact that the potential TV audience would increase for a twilight GF compared to an afternoon GF as people are more likely to have commitments in the afternoon (be it work, errands, family stuff, etc).

Huh? Noticed melb on GF afternoon? Barely any traffic nor sporting events going on.

Ratings wouldn't change unless a night GF IMO. All twilight games suk IMO.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
With the game handed to the Corporates it is no longer the peoples game, and the people will be the least of the AFL interests.

Fans are not the priority of the game anymore it is a Corporate cash cow and a political tool used for social engineering.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Huh? Noticed melb on GF afternoon? Barely any traffic nor sporting events going on.

Ratings wouldn't change unless a night GF IMO. All twilight games suk IMO.

people do work on Saturdays you know. retail shops for example usually close around 5pm.

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
I've never been to a GF, but been to plenty of night games and as a punter actually attending the game there is no contest....logistically and in every other way, night games suck. Twilight games suck a bit less but still suck....Watching it on TV, hardly makes any difference whether its night or day, but if its about fireworks and entertainment...geez, dont we get enough of that crap in other forms? Leave it alone.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
A yes from me. Things change and as the footy gods would have it this year will likely be GWS vs the Swans :rofl Let it be a once off and fail!

But tradition and the AFL don't really go together.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ian4 said:
people do work on Saturdays you know. retail shops for example usually close around 5pm.

And what about those people who work sat evening/night?