Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Naish is much bigger than his brother,6 cm taller and a stone heavier, a certainty for us.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
What is wrong with everyone,stop saying another half back,Banks ,Brown are more wings.
Naish is wing-half forward-mid.
Coulthard is small forward-mid.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Under my peer reviewed theory that if the older brother is a dud then the younger brother will be good I welcome the success of Charlie.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Not surprised to read Naish didn't make the Vic Metro squad for nationals. Too outside and timid.

Best chance for him now would be to play for our VFL team and see if he can jag a rookie spot.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Under my peer reviewed theory that if the older brother is a dud then the younger brother will be good I welcome the success of Charlie.

Do Paddy and Thomson Dow have another younger brother? Should be the second coming of Dusty if they do.

• Haha

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Not surprised to read Naish didn't make the Vic Metro squad for nationals. Too outside and timid.

Best chance for him now would be to play for our VFL team and see if he can jag a rookie spot.
Metro squad is full of bottom age kids. I don’t understand why they do this, they can’t get drafted and it deprives a top age kid the chance to show his wares. They are a fairly dumb lot at AFL Vic.

Reactions: 2 users

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
I agree about the abolition, but if clubs are made to play a higher price then why bother having it at all? The whole point of father/son is that the club gets a bit of a reward for the fathers loyalty/ability. Academy picks should definitely be done away with.
Just a thought but reckon a two tiered father/son could work. If father played b/w 50-99 games club must give up first Rd pick. No claims on kid after first Rd. 100+ games stay with current arrangement.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Metro squad is full of bottom age kids. I don’t understand why they do this, they can’t get drafted and it deprives a top age kid the chance to show his wares. They are a fairly dumb lot at AFL Vic.
Good thing is that it means Naish will drop down the draft order if under age kids have pushed past him. Naish simply plugs away at his suburban club n if we want him he's pick 100 instead of a top 10 risk.

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
Good thing is that it means Naish will drop down the draft order if under age kids have pushed past him. Naish simply plugs away at his suburban club n if we want him he's pick 100 instead of a top 10 risk.
Has been playing solid footy for Nth Knights and been very good for Ivanhoe Grammar.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Reckon that says a lot about the talent pool or lack thereof of the top ages this year. If you can’t beat out a bottom ager for a spot in the rep side, what hope do you have on an AFL list?

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Reckon that says a lot about the talent pool or lack thereof of the top ages this year. If you can’t beat out a bottom ager for a spot in the rep side, what hope do you have on an AFL list?
It was supposed to be a strong draft wasn’t it ??

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
Spoke with an ex NAB League coach about why so many bottom age kids in Vic Metro and across most of the national teams. His response was that AFL recruiting is as much a futures market as it is the here and now. The clubs need to know what's coming through as trading for future picks is becoming so prevelant.

Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Spoke with an ex NAB League coach about why so many bottom age kids in Vic Metro and across most of the national teams. His response was that AFL recruiting is as much a futures market as it is the here and now. The clubs need to know what's coming through as trading for future picks is becoming so prevelant.
Makes sense