PRE Election Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Election Poll

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liverpool said:
I think so mate.

Obviously he should come across to the "capital punishment" thread, as he seems more strict than I... :hihi
it appears his mate notorious didnt vote then :hihi

Going by the "poll" so far.....Libs 7, Lab 4, Greens 3....with the Greens preferences going to Rudd, that makes it 7 all.

Liverpool said:
Going by the "poll" so far.....Libs 7, Lab 4, Greens 3....with the Greens preferences going to Rudd, that makes it 7 all.

We're coming back.

Liverpool said:

You do understand that Green preferences don't necessarily go to the ALP right?

Disco08 said:

don't try and deliberately confuse the conservatives, Disco.

Disco08 said:

Yeah, they do...unless people fill out ALL the numbers below the line.
And what idiot can be bothered doing that? :hihi

Livers, in the lower house, you vote preferentially. 1,2,3,4 etc. You can vote Greens 1, and then Libs 2 if u want. we aint just talking about the senate.

::)

Six Pack said:
Livers, in the lower house, you vote preferentially. 1,2,3,4 etc. You can vote Greens 1, and then Libs 2 if u want. we aint just talking about the senate.

::)

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/11/06/1036308365240.html

Liverpool said:
Yeah, they do...unless people fill out ALL the numbers below the line.
And what idiot can be bothered doing that? :hihi

HEY!!! I call it "excercising my democratic right to choose my own preferences outside those outlined by the various party machines". :p

Six Pack said:
i aint reading yr links. explain it clearly yrself

maybe you should....because it shows what 2002 was like...and now:

Greens preference Labor throughout Victoria
9-11-2007:
The Victorian Greens have for the first time decided to preference Labor in all House of Representatives seats.
Lead Greens Senate candidate in Victoria Richard Di Natale said the decision reflected the deep conviction within the party that it was imperative to oust the Howard Government.
"By any measure, whether it is inaction on climate change, the war in Iraq, WorkChoices, the erosion of services in health and education or the treatment of refugees, Aboriginal people and other marginalised groups, this Government must go," Dr Di Natale said.
"The Greens don't see eye to eye with Labor on a range of issues, but we welcome the opportunity to work with a Government of a different hue.
"That's why we have departed with previous practice, where we have issued open tickets in some seats.
"This time all the state party's regional councils have agreed to preference the Labor Party.
"The Greens had already agreed to swap preferences with Labor in key marginal seats in return for Labor preferences in the Senate.
"In return we expect ALP preferences to give us a strong chance of taking our first Victorian Senate seat."
For further information: Richard Di Natale 0425 771 246
Media inquiries: Jim Buckell 0400 465 459

http://www.vic.greens.org.au/media/add-or-edit-media-releases-2007/greens-preference-labor-throughout-victoria

Tiger74 said:
HEY!!! I call it "excercising my democratic right to choose my own preferences outside those outlined by the various party machines". :p

:hihi....more power to you Tiger74...

yr article proves nothing. you dont seem to understand the difference between a lower house ballot paper and an upper house ballot paper.

Liverpool said:
maybe you should....because it shows what 2002 was like...and now:

Greens preference Labor throughout Victoria
9-11-2007:
The Victorian Greens have for the first time decided to preference Labor in all House of Representatives seats.
Lead Greens Senate candidate in Victoria Richard Di Natale said the decision reflected the deep conviction within the party that it was imperative to oust the Howard Government.
"By any measure, whether it is inaction on climate change, the war in Iraq, WorkChoices, the erosion of services in health and education or the treatment of refugees, Aboriginal people and other marginalised groups, this Government must go," Dr Di Natale said.
"The Greens don't see eye to eye with Labor on a range of issues, but we welcome the opportunity to work with a Government of a different hue.
"That's why we have departed with previous practice, where we have issued open tickets in some seats.
"This time all the state party's regional councils have agreed to preference the Labor Party.
"The Greens had already agreed to swap preferences with Labor in key marginal seats in return for Labor preferences in the Senate.
"In return we expect ALP preferences to give us a strong chance of taking our first Victorian Senate seat."
For further information: Richard Di Natale 0425 771 246
Media inquiries: Jim Buckell 0400 465 459

http://www.vic.greens.org.au/media/add-or-edit-media-releases-2007/greens-preference-labor-throughout-victoria
just tried ringing richard too ask him on his partys opine on whoring themselves out,especially on the gunns mill issue ,and only got message bank.however i did leave my name and number and look forward to him justifying their sellout. :hihi

did u ring Livers and explain the difference between the upper house and the lower house?

I'm only guessing here but I would think Green preferences would go to Labor over the Libs on an 80/20 split.

Six Pack said:
yr article proves nothing. you dont seem to understand the difference between a lower house ballot paper and an upper house ballot paper.

You can list any order for the upper house as well.

jb03 said:
I'm only guessing here but I would think Green preferences would go to Labor over the Libs on an 80/20 split.

You can list any order for the upper house as well.

yep, but livers seems to think there's a 'line' on the lower house paper too.

People have the capacity to think for themselves and don't blindly follow the party propaganda.