PRE Election Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Election Poll

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Liverpool said:
I think if more people who sprout what big 'supporters' they are on this forum put their money where their mouth is and took out a membership, then we would be better off as a club as well.

I'd think by far the majority of people on this site are RFC members so aren't sure who you have in mind.  Have you seen this thread?  Over the years PREnders have raised a small fortune for the RFC just through this site, memberships and game attendances aside.  You're welcome to join our Player Sponsorship group and get to show off a shiny new membership badge on your profile. :D

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Dems still look like they're gone based on the pre poll. Senator Natasha will have to pack away the docs and get a real job!

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
Actually, if you are right about Rudd he will just copy the policy anyway, so Sixer can preference either way :)

If you believe Garrett, they are changing as soon as they get in.... :)
So which is it?

poppa x said:
Gypsy is a swinging voter? LMFAO. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I had a laugh at that one too Poppa.
Another one of these posters who claims to be "swinging" or "impartial" or similar...yet has an agenda already, but too gutless to back it up and stick to their beliefs.

rosy23 said:
I'd think by far the majority of people on this site are RFC members so aren't sure who you have in mind. Have you seen this thread? Over the years PREnders have raised a small fortune for the RFC just through this site, memberships and game attendances aside. You're welcome to join our Player Sponsorship group and get to show off a shiny new membership badge on your profile. :D

Great initiative...really....full marks to this site for doing it and all.
However, I think nearly $500 plus the usual annual merchandise spending spree is enough money that the RFC is going to get out of me.
I still have Melbourne Victory and LFC to look after as well.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
What makes you so sure others on the site don't do the same thing you do Livers?

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Theres an election on.

Its draft day thats all that matters.

but if I remember to go out and vote.

It will be for the Coalition.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
What makes you so sure others on the site don't do the same thing you do Livers?

I'm sure some do...and some.
And I'm sure there are plenty who don't as well....and these are the one's you should be questioning their true allegiance, not someone who has been a member for many years and used an article from a Bombers site. ;)

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Liverpool said:
I expect your "Vote 1 Johnny" card on election day then Mopsy... ;)

Tigers to build Indigenous institute
3:57 PM Fri 19 October, 2007
RICHMOND will redevelop its Punt Road training base and establish an Indigenous training institute after the club received $2 million from the Federal Government.
While locals will prosper from the planned establishment of a community sports building, the Tigers are set to pull down their existing change rooms and upgrade facilities that will see them on par with the best-equipped clubs in the competition.
“When complete and all funding has been finalised, we will proudly boast the most advanced football and community facilities in the AFL,” Richmond chief executive Steven Wright said.
Current Tigers Joel Bowden, Matthew Richardson, Chris Newman, Andrew Raines, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls and Carl Peterson were on hand for the announcement, along with coach Terry Wallace and several senior club officials.
Richmond chief executive Steven Wright said the Tigers’ board started redevelopment talks in 2005 after realising the club’s Punt Road headquarters had “fallen into disrepair”.
“Punt Road Oval will once again become a centre for community life for the inner-city residents of Melbourne and an elite sporting venue,” Wright said.
Plans were also released for the new Australian Indigenous Football and Training Institute.
Wright said the Tigers hoped the new initiative would “transform Punt Road Oval into an Indigenous showpiece”.
A joint initiative of the Richmond Football Club and the Tigers in Community Foundation, the new institute would be designed to provide inspiration and employment opportunities to young Indigenous Australians.
Wright said the club was aware of the life-changing impact that sport and, in particular, Australian football, could have on young Indigenous Australians.
“One of our young stars, Richard Tambling … has spoken several times about the importance of AFL football in his life as he grew up,” Wright said.
Wright said it was anticipated the first intake of young people to the Institute would be in 2009, after the completion of redevelopment works at the Tigers’ home base.
“As part of the Australian Indigenous Football and Training Institute, training camps will be held throughout the year at Punt Road, to not only teach football skills, but also life skills to many groups of young Indigenous people
Minister for the Arts and Sport, Senator George Brandis, was on hand to announce the Government’s financial pledge and said the Tigers could also qualify for an extra $5 million in funding – towards the new Indigenous institute – further down the track.
Demolition is expected to begin before Christmas, with work to be finished sometime in 2008 – the year in which the Tigers will celebrate 100 years’ involvement in the VFL/AFL competition.

http://www.bombersfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6477/Default.aspx?newsId=52655

If people on here really have the Richmond Football Club at heart...(and Aborigines) then they'll vote Liberal on election day... ;D
yeah i knew about the libs funding our re-development, but i just caught the ending of something on sen the other day about funding from one of the parties and it included richmond.
i think they were reffering to the labor party so i thought it may have been on top of this funding already promised by the libs.
anyway it mustn`t have been anything big because we would have heard something in the news.

pretty sure i`ll be voting liberal livers,i`m from a typical labor voting working class family however i think the libs are much better at handling the economy and unemployment is at record lows.

i`ve only had a casual job for years,it`s almost impossible to get a full time job these days.
which makes it a lot harder to get a home loan or a car loan or have any stability in your life..
i think that work choices will create more full time work because businesses aren`t as scared to put people on full time.
i`d sign an AWA in a heart beat,i`d be so grateful to have a full time job.
i believe labor will stuff the economy and unemployment will increase.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Liverpool said:
and these are the one's you should be questioning their true allegiance, not someone who has been a member for many years and used an article from a Bombers site. ;)

I don't think "true allegiance" is measured by $$$. I was joking about the Bummers site but aren't surprised you've chosen to take the comment seriously. What i find interesting is you judge others and accuse them of dishonesty then expect them to believe what you say . You don't seem to have a lot of faith in others for some reason.

Still back to the topic. In regards to 6y's comment about the Nats we're in a National held state seat but there's not one National candidate out of the 8 nominees we have this election.

This is a Federal Liberal seat but only held on by the barest margin last time. It will be interesting to see which way voters go this time.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
mopsy fraser said:
i`ve only had a casual job for years,it`s almost impossible to get a full time job these days.
which makes it a lot harder to get a home loan or a car loan or have any stability in your life..
i think that work choices will create more full time work because businesses aren`t as scared to put people on full time.

Out of interest have you noticed a full time increase in jobs since the workplace laws came in mopsy?

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
On the "RICHMOND will redevelop its Punt Road training base and establish an Indigenous training institute after the club received $2 million from the Federal Government."

The RFC are hoping that if labor gets in that they will match the amount the current Govt. has pledged.

On the election, I hope if the Libs get in that they lose the balance of power and cannot push whatever they want through.

My vote is not for the Libs.

And for draft day, Cotchin or Morton at 2 (or Kruz if the scum take Cotchin)

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
rosy23 said:
Out of interest have you noticed a full time increase in jobs since the workplace laws came in mopsy?
i honestly haven`t looked rosy,it`s just what i think may happen.
i`m far from an expert on it though.

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
rosy23 said:
No worries mopsy. Thanks for that.
i`ve just checked it out actually rosy and full time employment has risen under work choices.
i got this off the australian chamber of commerce and industry site.
wages have also risen.

EMPLOYMENT
"Since WorkChoices started, employment has grown by
417,000, a growth rate of 2.8 per cent per annum. This is
well above the 10 year average of 2.1 per cent and the 20
year average is 1.9 per cent.
Of particular importance, most of the employment
growth has been in full time employment, which has
increased by 352,300 - a growth rate of 3.3 per cent per
annum.
Full time employment growth represents 84 per cent
of total employment growth. The relaxation of unfair
dismissal rules may be one of the reasons for this
growth. Under the old system, employers would put on
staff as part time or casual if they thought they may not
be suitable in the long term. The relaxation of unfair
dismissal rules under WorkChoices has made it easier for
people to be put on as full time workers.
The employment of women has increased by 187,800 - a
growth rate of 2.8 per cent per annum.
Other important improvements have occurred since
WorkChoices started including:
• the number of people unemployed has fallen by
45,900;
• the labour force has grown by 372,000 which is a
growth rate of 2.3 per cent per annum;
• the unemployment rate has fallen by 0.6 percentage
points (pp);
• the participation rate has increased by 0.7 pp. The
participation rate of females has increased by 1.0 pp;
and
• the employment to population ratio has increased by
1.1 pp.
Note that this employment growth has occurred when
other macroeconomic variables would normally be
indicating slower employment growth – particularly higher
interest rates, slower house price growth and the drought.
It is often argued that this strong employment
performance is due to the mining boom. However, the
data shows that employment growth is more broadly
based than just the mining sector. The ranking of
employment growth by industry is in Figure 4.
Note that mining was ranked eleventh by growth numbers,
even though it had the highest growth rate. Only 5 per
cent of total employment growth was in mining and 9 per
cent was in construction (which could be mining related).
Employment by state shows a similar story, as shown in
Figure 5.
While employment growth was strong in the mining states
of WA, NT and Queensland, almost half of the total
employment growth was in the non-mining states of New
South Wales and Victoria.
WAGES
Probably the main argument used against WorkChoices was
that it would drive down the wages of workers. However,
the data does not support this conclusion.
Wage Price Index
The best measure of wages growth is the Wage Price
Index (WPI). The WPI (excluding bonuses) has grown by
3.8 per cent (annualised) since WorkChoices, which is above
the 5 year average of 3.7 per cent per year and the 10 year
average of 3.4 per cent. The growth by industry is shown
in Figure 6.
In almost all industries, the WPI has grown more quickly
in the post-WorkChoices period.

This strongly suggests that the high level of regulation
before WorkChoices was constraining employment, and
the relaxation of regulation under WorkChoices allowed
employment to increase in these industries."

so under work choices employment has risen,full time employment has risen,women`s employment has risen and wages have increased.
and labor are going to abolish it if they get in.
labor and their union backers are going to destroy all this.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
mopsy fraser said:
pretty sure i`ll be voting liberal livers,i`m from a typical labor voting working class family however i think the libs are much better at handling the economy and unemployment is at record lows.
i believe labor will stuff the economy and unemployment will increase.

Good stuff Mopsy...you're on the money mate. :clap

Out of all the posters on here whining about WorkChoices.....there haven't been too many saying that they have been directly involved in losing money because of these new IR laws.

How's that sheila on TV...we've all seen here whingeing about Howard and how tough life is while she parades around in her flashy kitchen, with stainless steel fridge and polished stone benchtops.. :rofl...you'll like this version:

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_subtitles_on_labors_ad

:hihi

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Liverpool said:
Good stuff Mopsy...you're on the money mate. :clap

Out of all the posters on here whining about WorkChoices.....there haven't been too many saying that they have been directly involved in losing money because of these new IR laws.

How's that sheila on TV...we've all seen here whingeing about Howard and how tough life is while she parades around in her flashy kitchen, with stainless steel fridge and polished stone benchtops.. :rofl...you'll like this version:

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_subtitles_on_labors_ad

:hihi

I'm sure you've said there's plenty of jobs for those who are seeking work, Livers. What about Mops? he says it's impossible. Whats yr take on that?

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
I'm sure you've said there's plenty of jobs for those who are seeking work, Livers. What about Mops? he says it's impossible. Whats yr take on that?

Going by his last post, he seems to be quite happy with WorkChoices. ;)

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
Read it again.

I have read his last post again:

mopsy fraser said:
i`ve just checked it out actually rosy and full time employment has risen under work choices.
i got this off the australian chamber of commerce and industry site.
wages have also risen.

EMPLOYMENT
"Since WorkChoices started, employment has grown by
417,000, a growth rate of 2.8 per cent per annum. This is
In almost all industries, the WPI has grown more quickly
in the post-WorkChoices period.

This strongly suggests that the high level of regulation
before WorkChoices was constraining employment, and
the relaxation of regulation under WorkChoices allowed
employment to increase in these industries."[/b]

so under work choices employment has risen,full time employment has risen,women`s employment has risen and wages have increased.
and labor are going to abolish it if they get in.
labor and their union backers are going to destroy all this.

You point being SixPack?

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
at my work there are a few of us who have been casual for a fair while.
we all work full time hours but are classed as casual.

i`ve been there 6 months and the other blokes have been there between 2 and 4 years.
a couple of weeks ago we we`re told that they are going to try and get us put on full time soon.
i`m not sure if that`s directly connected to work choices but the article i posted definitey shows that full time employment has increased under work choices.