PRE Election Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Election Poll

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think i will vote liberal but i heard something on radio today where they were reading out who was going to recieve funding from the labor party( i think) if they got in.
anyway one of the names was the richmond football club.
did any one hear this?

if labor are going to give us more funding than liberal it could sway my vote.

The greens announced their education policy today... they've made the big call about taking some money off the over funded private schools and spreading it out amongst public schools on a needs basis. Seems very fair.

As a swinging voter this policy will be very much in my mind when I fill out my ballot paper, despite the they won't be able to implement it. I voted green in the PRE poll... but still uncertain.

My preference goes to Labor.

mopsy fraser said:
i think i will vote liberal but i heard something on radio today where they were reading out who was going to recieve funding from the labor party( i think) if they got in.
anyway one of the names was the richmond football club.
did any one hear this?
if labor are going to give us more funding than liberal it could sway my vote.

I expect your "Vote 1 Johnny" card on election day then Mopsy... ;)

Tigers to build Indigenous institute
3:57 PM Fri 19 October, 2007
RICHMOND will redevelop its Punt Road training base and establish an Indigenous training institute after the club received $2 million from the Federal Government.
While locals will prosper from the planned establishment of a community sports building, the Tigers are set to pull down their existing change rooms and upgrade facilities that will see them on par with the best-equipped clubs in the competition.
“When complete and all funding has been finalised, we will proudly boast the most advanced football and community facilities in the AFL,” Richmond chief executive Steven Wright said.
Current Tigers Joel Bowden, Matthew Richardson, Chris Newman, Andrew Raines, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls and Carl Peterson were on hand for the announcement, along with coach Terry Wallace and several senior club officials.
Richmond chief executive Steven Wright said the Tigers’ board started redevelopment talks in 2005 after realising the club’s Punt Road headquarters had “fallen into disrepair”.
“Punt Road Oval will once again become a centre for community life for the inner-city residents of Melbourne and an elite sporting venue,” Wright said.
Plans were also released for the new Australian Indigenous Football and Training Institute.
Wright said the Tigers hoped the new initiative would “transform Punt Road Oval into an Indigenous showpiece”.
A joint initiative of the Richmond Football Club and the Tigers in Community Foundation, the new institute would be designed to provide inspiration and employment opportunities to young Indigenous Australians.
Wright said the club was aware of the life-changing impact that sport and, in particular, Australian football, could have on young Indigenous Australians.
“One of our young stars, Richard Tambling … has spoken several times about the importance of AFL football in his life as he grew up,” Wright said.
Wright said it was anticipated the first intake of young people to the Institute would be in 2009, after the completion of redevelopment works at the Tigers’ home base.
“As part of the Australian Indigenous Football and Training Institute, training camps will be held throughout the year at Punt Road, to not only teach football skills, but also life skills to many groups of young Indigenous people
Minister for the Arts and Sport, Senator George Brandis, was on hand to announce the Government’s financial pledge and said the Tigers could also qualify for an extra $5 million in funding – towards the new Indigenous institute – further down the track.
Demolition is expected to begin before Christmas, with work to be finished sometime in 2008 – the year in which the Tigers will celebrate 100 years’ involvement in the VFL/AFL competition.

http://www.bombersfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6477/Default.aspx?newsId=52655

If people on here really have the Richmond Football Club at heart...(and Aborigines) then they'll vote Liberal on election day... ;D

Liverpool said:
http://www.bombersfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6477/Default.aspx?newsId=52655

Why did you get the link from the Bummers website Livers?  Are you showing your true colours?  ;)

We're coming back.

Labor for me. These work place slavery choices need to be abolished.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
The greens announced their education policy today... they've made the big call about taking some money off the over funded private schools and spreading it out amongst public schools on a needs basis. Seems very fair.

As a swinging voter this policy will be very much in my mind when I fill out my ballot paper, despite the they won't be able to implement it. I voted green in the PRE poll... but still uncertain.

My preference goes to Labor.

I too think this policy is a winner Gypsy. I am sick of the Libs pumping up the coffers of the private schools and think it is about time at least one of the parties tried to balance out the disparity between govt and private schools. Like someone posted previously my card will be structured with the Greens up the top and the Libs down in last place.

K3 said:
I too think this policy is a winner Gypsy. I am sick of the Libs pumping up the coffers of the private schools and think it is about time at least one of the parties tried to balance out the disparity between govt and private schools. Like someone posted previously my card will be structured with the Greens up the top and the Libs down in last place.

Ohhh my God, Greens, have you looked at there policies. What do you like, and what dont you like?? They are almost as bad as their rivals Family First. Both radical sides of politics.

Labor for mine, re the Private schools, a lot of average income families choose to send their kids to these schools. If funding is dramatically changed, these families will no longer be able to afford private schools, placing added strain on the public system.

Harry said:
Labor for me. These work place slavery choices need to be abolished.

I've decided the same thing Hazza. Wasn't really sure I'd even vote this time but my conscience tells me if I think something is as bad as I feel the work place laws are, and I don't vote, then I'm accepting them.

They are terrible, as indicated on the thread where my son was told he wouldn't have a job if he didn't work overtime Saturday morning and where he was intimidated to work or face the consequences rather than attend his Uncle's funeral.

Something needed to be done but the Libs can't see how far out of whack the balance is. Then again they look after the top end of town more than the battlers imo.

Labor for rosy...this time. ;)

Six Pack said:
i thought that u would decry this initiative as being racist, Livers?

In your eyes it shouldn't be....it should be "understanding"....so are you going to vote for the Libs then SixPack, and back-up your claims of being a true Richmond supporter and Aboriginal supporter?

rosy23 said:
Why did you get the link from the Bummers website Livers? Are you showing your true colours? ;)

Rosy,
I've been a Richmond member for over 12 years now with Premium-A seating the whole time as well.
I've also missed only 2-3 games in Victoria in that whole time....and that was because I had my appendix out.
I think if more people who sprout what big 'supporters' they are on this forum put their money where their mouth is and took out a membership, then we would be better off as a club as well.
P.S: I couldn't find the original article from the newspaper but luckily the Bombers webpage had it anyway, so I used this resource.
I also expect your Lib vote on the weekend as well to aid the Richmond football club in this cause... ;)

Liverpool said:
so are you going to vote for the Libs then SixPack, and back-up your claims of being a true Richmond supporter and Aboriginal supporter?

Actually, if you are right about Rudd he will just copy the policy anyway, so Sixer can preference either way :)

Seriously though, I hope IF the ALP win on Saturday this is one policy they agree to maintain after the dust settles. Makes sense for indigenous football, especially after reading that article over the weekend.

Gypsy is a swinging voter? LMFAO. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Does NO-ONE out there have any love for the Dems :tumbleweed

Do they keep party status after this wipeout election result (I forget how many they have not up for re-election)?

dukeos said:
Labor for mine, re the Private schools, a lot of average income families choose to send their kids to these schools. If funding is dramatically changed, these families will no longer be able to afford private schools, placing added strain on the public system.

If anyone's going to change the funding to private schools it is the ALP. The Liberals will continue to fund Private Schools. You should be voting Liberals to keep the private school enrollments up.

Tiger74 said:

Do they keep party status after this wipeout election result (I forget how many they have not up for re-election)?

All Democrat Senators are up for re-election this time.

I think Party status depends on how many members you have. I could be wrong though

Tiger74 said:

Bartlett lost them all credibility some time ago.
They are a rabble.

Tiger29 said:
All Democrat Senators are up for re-election this time.

I think Party status depends on how many members you have. I could be wrong though

Your understanding is right, without a minimum, they become independants (like the two Greens in the Senate from WA were back before the Greens starting doing well).

Tiger29 said:
If anyone's going to change the funding to private schools it is the ALP. The Liberals will continue to fund Private Schools. You should be voting Liberals to keep the private school enrollments up.

True, but I dont think they would be silly enough to do so. My point was that the Greens have some feel good policies, but when put into practice, would be as prickly as a rose bush. I was really interested in seeing what policies Greens supporters thought good and bad.