Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
my only problem with them, they dont update too often , they will put out a forecast for a day a few days in advance, and it stays the same , by the time the day arrives things can have changed dramatically

i have a concreting business , planning ahead for pour days is important ,

most of these sites are good for a general feel of how its going to go in advance , but there is nothing like keeping an eye on the rain radar on the day itself ,

the weather app on the iphones that gves you hour by hour for each suburb on the day is pretty good and up to date as well , i usually combine the rain map with this and I cant go wrong if there is a need to cancel .

At the moment no rain during the day Friday, sweeping in late in the evening and lots of rain (12mm) overnight. Really depends on exact timing of the change whether there will be rain during the game or not.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
At the moment no rain during the day Friday, sweeping in late in the evening and lots of rain (12mm) overnight. Really depends on exact timing of the change whether there will be rain during the game or not.
[/
the way the forecasts are trending ,

They seem to be pushing it back later and later as we get closer,

Earlier in the week around game time it was 66 percent, it went to 45 , now it’s in the 20s, I’m guessing if we get any rain, it won’t be much at all

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully the great man will join us for a Lemon Squash at the London.
Gunna be hard to do as I am currently in Prague. I’ll be in Vienna on a prelim Final day and watching my cousins boy get hitched in Rome on Grand Final day.

What is wrong with these Italians? Do they not understand about Grand Finals? But to answer your question, Easy. I am feeling it this year. Much more upbeat than last year.

Little known fact. In 2017, I started writing my Grand Final piece in August. I had us playing and beating GWS. I later turned it into two pieces, one for GWS in the Prelim and used most of it for the GF. I was nowhere near as nervous on the day as I planned to be.

Last year I was planning for the worst.

This year I going to write a piece which will be more “Say yes to the dress” than “Will Brandon play?”

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They have but I reckon they'll be sitting ducks if they make the GF

If this jason recliner sept run continues for the *smile*, they'lle be playing Geelong without *smile* Dangerfield.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
lynch to have a day out

they have got no one who can cover him ..............

day out!!!!!

Interesting to see how Tom goes this time with Jack next to him and if any player would benefit from the post Round 23 bye plyus the week off post the qualifying final it would be Tom. We played the cats before the mid year bye and dare i say his body was hanging our for a rest, training 1 day a week at that stage too. The up the ground coverage too from Tom is miles ahead where it was in June/July. Not saying he will kick 6 but he is more than welcome do so :)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Somewhere, maybe Twitter, it was said the current ticket sales ratio was about 4:1 in our favour. If that's close to being accurate it's going to be a smashing.

Reactions: 1 users

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
Somewhere, maybe Twitter, it was said the current ticket sales ratio was about 4:1 in our favour. If that's close to being accurate it's going to be a smashing.

They said the same thing on the official richmond podcast

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Can't wait to hear the noise from the Tiger Army Friday night - get the decibels up!
Absolutely. It’s time to go to the next level. TBH, I think as a whole our passion (ergo, loudness), has tempered somewhat since the 2017 flag. Maybe it was contentment after experiencing the ultimate post 37 barren years. However, the crowd intimidation factor needs to return with a vengeance on Fri night and hopefully into next week.

Reactions: 2 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
I assume that is member ticket sales.
AFL and MCC take up 40,000. A lot of neutrals in these areas and neither Rich or Geelong have big representations like Melbourne, Geelong or Essendon. I am thinking 15,000 richmond, 10,000 geelong, 15,000 neutral.
Probably another 10,000 neutral corporates.
So of the remaining 45,000, if 4: 1 then 36,000 richmond, 9,000 geelong.

So overall:

Richmond 51,000
Neutral 25,000
Geelong 24,000

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So overall:

Richmond 51,000
Neutral 25,000
Geelong 24,000

With Salty's performances these last few weeks I reckon the Neutrals will be barracking for a Salty humiliation.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I assume that is member ticket sales.
AFL and MCC take up 40,000. A lot of neutrals in these areas and neither Rich or Geelong have big representations like Melbourne, Geelong or Essendon. I am thinking 15,000 richmond, 10,000 geelong, 15,000 neutral.
Probably another 10,000 neutral corporates.
So of the remaining 45,000, if 4: 1 then 36,000 richmond, 9,000 geelong.

So overall:

Richmond 51,000
Neutral 25,000
Geelong 24,000

Stand to be corrected but I think after the pies we have the 2nd highest amount of AFL members. .. which will ensure if us and them make it to the GF..... the biggest *smile* fight over ticketing ever before witnessed:(

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Stand to be corrected but I think after the pies we have the 2nd highest amount of AFL members. .. which will ensure if us and them make it to the GF..... the biggest **** fight over ticketing ever before witnessed:(

SHOULD we make it - and those lucky to gave P1 (guarantee) Id love to know what my 4 (2 adult - 2 concession) would be worth to the highest bidder. A crows fan on the way into the GF offered me (as he did to many ) $2,000 in 2017. 4 tickets Tigers v Pies $10K plus? I wont be selling them either way should we make it :)

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
From 2017 Qualifying final:

Geelong:

Out: Duncan, S Selwood, Smith, Motlop, Mackie, Hawkins, Z Guthrie, Henderson, Lonergan, Murdoch, Parsons
In: Kelly, Rohan?, Stanley, Ablett, Atkins, Ratogulea, Miers, O'Connor, Henry, Dalhaus, Narkle

A lot of changes

Richmond:

Out: Grigg, Butler, Kmac, Towner, Rance
In: Soldo, Bolton, Baker, Lynch, Short

Last edited: