Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Apart from the fact flags are bloody hard to win, he took over an aging team that was on the wane and had just lost the best player in the game. Have a look at the articles from that preseason and you'll see most people had Geelong as a 4-8 type team and possibly even falling out of the eight.
On the wane? Pricky took over a team that went 74-14 between 2007 and 2010.

Bomber handed over a ready made cake for Pricky to binge on.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Still looks like a wet night for us. We gotta do it Tiges!!

Saturday just has leftover rain in the morning.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
On the wane? Pricky took over a team that went 74-14 between 2007 and 2010.

Bomber handed over a ready made cake for Pricky to binge on.

You only have to listen to Matthew Scarlett talk about that season. The senior players were absolutely desperate to win one last flag and they drove that team pretty much to the flag. Scott just happened to get on board and was a conductor for the season.
Since then, he's had a very good list at his disposal for most of his tenure, yet his finals record is ordinary.
Plus, he is very very salty. Probably bats at 95% or better for saltiness.

Reactions: 3 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Thinking back to 2017 the two pieces of play that stand out are Cotching's one handed puckup, 360, goal and Ellis's massive bump on Clangerfield.

BBoth massive team lifting moments.
Dusty pushing off Stewart I think on hbf kicking to Jack to Grigg GOAL!

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I seem to have been watching a completely different game to most analysts. I thought Geel v WC was rubbish for olong periods.... dropped marks, horrid skills. And that last Q.... WC were shocking. I was also at the Gabba. After we settled we utterly brained em. Geel will have their hands full Fri night don't worry about that.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
You only have to listen to Matthew Scarlett talk about that season. The senior players were absolutely desperate to win one last flag and they drove that team pretty much to the flag. Scott just happened to get on board and was a conductor for the season.
Since then, he's had a very good list at his disposal for most of his tenure, yet his finals record is ordinary.
Plus, he is very very salty. Probably bats at 95% or better for saltiness.
He puts too much salt on his team.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I seem to have been watching a completely different game to most analysts. I thought Geel v WC was rubbish for olong periods.... dropped marks, horrid skills. And that last Q.... WC were shocking. I was also at the Gabba. After we settled we utterly brained em. Geel will have their hands full Fri night don't worry about that.

West Coke a reason to be off with the Willie saga.
No excuse for Geelong

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Expected crowd 95,000

80,000 for the other prelim

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Agree...I thought WC were awful in the 1st Quarter too....so many uncharacteristic dropped marks by McGovern and others. The thing about our game re Brisbane too was that, given their inexperience you'd expect they might start slow and then work into the game...but it was the opposite. I think we absorbed their best and then got on with it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
BF reckon Taylor will play FF but they also say he might kick helicopter kicks and miss sitters.

I just hope that over-rated Fijian doesn't breakout all of a sudden.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If we break them in the midfield, it won’t matter who is up forward.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I worry about Ragdoll too TF.

They may even bring that beanpole in the reserves and try a Cox on us. Name escapes me.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
All this talk of Chris Scott is fine, but my biggest schadenfreude target is Patrick Dangerfield.

You can see how desperate he is for a flag but I won’t have it.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Poor old Dangerfield. Comments on tribunal cases without recourse. Wants shorter seasons and games, he still hasn’t won a flag. Time to knock their chance of a flag on the head.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Salty says our last H&A game where they pumped us is relevant. The only relevance is if we weren't so injury ravaged and won that game we would have ended up on top of the ladder instead of them.