Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
If I was a cats fan I’d be embarrassed with the way Scott and Dangerfield have carried on over the last few weeks. I love our prep this year.

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
All this talk of Chris Scott is fine, but my biggest schadenfreude target is Patrick Dangerfield.

You can see how desperate he is for a flag but I won’t have it.

Baron so true.
You could add Duckwood & the little Jnr( doubt he will have another poor game).

Those 3.
Danger= desporado!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Baron so true.
You could add Duckwood & the little Jnr( doubt he will have another poor game).

Those 3.
Danger= desporado!

I'd be dropping the little ex-master if I was on the cats MC.

he fell off the cliff without being pushed by Dylan Grimes and his band of brutal men

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Grimes and the defence will give The Little Master a last game to remember. That's the true meaning of respect.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Compared to the last time we met.

No Astbury and Broad down back - we are back to our best defensively.

No Bolton and Lambert running through the middle - our gut running and creativity gets a huge boost.

No Reilwoldt up forward - what can I say - he makes us much more dangerous by bringing others into play

And no Nank to throw his weight around

This is a very different team to what we had last time we met.

Can’t wait

Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
are we there yet...!!!!!

Lets see 12 months on.

Dusty' s knee is ok - check
No Gastro - Astbury is not on a drip in hospital the night before - check
One ruckman exposure - check
No 2ns tall to help Jack - check.
Still have AA backmen - yep 2 this year - check

OK then, lets bounce the ball and see if we can make it to the big dance 2 our of the last 3 years.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Personally I find Bureau of Meteorology the best for forecasting. ie experts using the best modelling available. Their forecast for Friday:

Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h turning west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Personally I find Bureau of Meteorology the best for forecasting. ie experts using the best modelling available. Their forecast for Friday:

Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h turning west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.

The thing about that is that weather tends to move from west to east in Melbourne, so showers in the afternoon in the Melbourne Area would start to the west of the city and MCG and take a while to get to the centre. I'm reading that as showers in the evening but it is hard to tell what time they will arrive at the MCG. The Northwest wind may also delay the showers.

My seats are uncovered and I'll be bringing my big RFC waterproof coat.

In any case, while we are great in the wet, were pretty damned formidable in the dry too - didn't see much sign of showers in Brisbane the other week.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im interested to hear TOT70's views on our prelim Friday night.

Last year, we gathered. at The London

and every one of us, to a man, was exceptionally upbeat.

Dane Beams and Cam Raynor sat in a corner wondering if they should ask this bunch of middle-aged men, busting the seams of their retro- lace up Esso tiger jumpers, for an autograph.

except TOT70. He was a kind of grey, one shade short of dead, and shaking his head, saying

'ive got a pretty bad feelings about this one'

now I dont know him well enough to know if he is the yang to my yin,

but I'd like to get to know him better.

Cause he was on the money that fateful night.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
FWIW, Jane Buns has said the rain on Friday will not appear until midnight.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004

Melbourne area

my only problem with them, they dont update too often , they will put out a forecast for a day a few days in advance, and it stays the same , by the time the day arrives things can have changed dramatically

i have a concreting business , planning ahead for pour days is important ,

most of these sites are good for a general feel of how its going to go in advance , but there is nothing like keeping an eye on the rain radar on the day itself ,

the weather app on the iphones that gves you hour by hour for each suburb on the day is pretty good and up to date as well , i usually combine the rain map with this and I cant go wrong if there is a need to cancel .

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Im interested to hear TOT70's views on our prelim Friday night.

Last year, we gathered. at The London

and every one of us, to a man, was exceptionally upbeat.

Dane Beams and Cam Raynor sat in a corner wondering if they should ask this bunch of middle-aged men, busting the seams of their retro- lace up Esso tiger jumpers, for an autograph.

except TOT70. He was a kind of grey, one shade short of dead, and shaking his head, saying

'ive got a pretty bad feelings about this one'

now I dont know him well enough to know if he is the yang to my yin,

but I'd like to get to know him better.

Cause he was on the money that fateful night.
Hopefully the great man will join us for a Lemon Squash at the London.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
lynch to have a day out

they have got no one who can cover him ..............

day out!!!!!